Manistee Saturday Aug 14

Saturday am got a little late start around day break. Went north of the pier and set up in 80 fow. Trolled north staying around 110 - 130 fow. Marked a lot of fish and bait fish. We managed a 9lb king on the full core on a glow ghost J plug. The line broke at the back of the boat but we got the fish in the net. Lost the J plug :mad:. We got another hit on the Meat Rig off of the starboard wire diver. Another 9 lb king. :D. Later in the morning we had another hit on the starboard down rigger pulling a meat rig behind Big Al's flasher. After quite a long battle our 12 year old deck had landed a 17.5 lb king.

Kind of a slow morning but at least no skunk.

Later we went back out for the evening. We went south of the pier to the shelf. Again we marked tons of bait fish and marked plenty of fish. We took one very nice hit on the full core on a glow ghost J plug. After a long fight to get the board off, the line broke and lost another glow ghost J Plug. :eek:

I have been using some new 20# Trilean Big Game and am now think of changing to something else.

I'm good with Big Game too. Run the 15# and hardly ever break off fish, even in the river.

If that's the same rod that keeps doing this, take a Q-tip and run it around all the guides. One may have a small nick in it that's cutting the line - the cotton will snag and show you where.

After quite a long battle our 12 year old deck had landed a 17.5 lb king.

That's awesome that the kid got a big one, nice job Tom! My 9 yr old daughter caught a nice king today but not that big.