Missed the weekend fishing due to my neck bothering me So I decided I wanted to go out after work on Monday, My son Nick was again reluctant to go out because he was tired , but again after a little prodding by myself and my wife he gave in and went. Turned out it was a very nice night to be out , lake went flat ______________ by 730 no wind , Left the launch by 6 headed out to 60 ft . set lines going east . Marked a few but nada. hit 75 feet and turned north northeast, held theat course till we hit 90 , 1 drive by in 1 hour. stay at 90 until we got to the towers along with about a dozen other boats. headed west to 65-70 ft and turned south , anther drive by , (kinda sucked up til then)few minutes later 5 color fires 4 lb king. 7 color fires twice , 1 drive by and 1 four lb king. rigger fires and its a bit better about 6lbs. Pulled 4 rods and tried out my flash on some spoon. Less then a minute later rigger fires again another 4lb king. Pulled in 5 color to change and charge a spoon up and before I get the board on 7 color fires and its using the board as a bobber. worked on this guy for 15 minutes and then it puts on an aerial show for me and continues to rip out line every time I get him close to the boat.My son finially net this guy and before we get it out of the net the 5 color fires and its ripping line ,puts on quite a battle for Nick and after bringing in 25 lbs of fish (last 2) decided to call it a night. Ended up 6 for 6 with 3 drive bys. what worked really well was glow spoons, Best one was the moonshine spoon . Dinner time started about 8pm called it by 850. Great night to be out, just love it when the lake goes flat. Nick was really glad he went again he had the longest fish but just missed on the weight by a tenth of a pound , and all I kept hearing was oh my arm. Check out the smile on his face.

Tight Lines

Jim

m_p7260023.jpg

m_p7260025.jpg