Saturday was tough fishing for us. We ended up with 3 kings for 5 hits on saturday which all came early, between 6 & 7 am in 85 - 100 fow, mostly on 300 copper with a white 11" paddle with a glow hypnotist fly. Sunay was a little tougher bite. things started out really slow with only 1 small king till around 9:30. We decided to troll back into 75 fow around the shallower set of nets just north, took 4 more hits in a short time and boated a 16 Lb. King and a 7 lb. King, sadly we broke off what I believe was an even bigger King on 10 colors. White paddles with flies was the ticket again today. 5 colors also took 2 hits with a mag manderine minnow spoon.

Good fishing to all.

Edited by dragginballsII
left out info

Great report Rick. Sounds like the fish are still getting to the July mode yet. We went out last night from 7-9pm, and went 1-1. Nice 14lb king on a dipsy set 200 back with a white spinny and a pickled sunshine fly. Hoping for a little more action, but, hey, still a great night on the water. It little bumpier than what NOAA predicted though. There 1-2 footers looked more like 3-4s at times. Oh well, always good to be out to te lake.

It seems the NOAA is not very good at predicting the waves. I have been out there a few times and the waves are nothing what they said it should be.

Yea NOAA doesn't always get it right, that is why I like to look at the data that comes directly from the mid lake buoys seen here.

Nice job on the fish Rick. Are you running in-line boards to pull your 300? Just seems like a lot to pull with the 300 copper and 11" paddle.