Speed, Speed, Speed

When you guys pull Tots and spoons what speed are you running? I'm assuming faster than harnesses, maybe up around salmon speeds? Thanks guys, the back is feeling better and after my vacation next week I am thinking about heading over to the Bay. Think I might be able to handle walleye but not ready for salmon yet.

yeah I gave up on the bird and only use it as a gps. And I found a garmin 400c w/ the dual freq sonar. Now I just need time to fish. I think I am going sunday.

Did u get your auto pilot back on yet. or are you still on lite duty.

Make sure the tots are tuned correctly or theyll spin out. You can pull them anywhere from 1.8 on up to 3 if tuned correctly. They have a wide irratic gate as you get em crankin'. I prefer 2.2-2.5 when im pullin em...or at least the fish seem to...lol

• 3 weeks later...

when we were on erie tha last month we were having a problem at first using just gps speed which is what i was to to use by a couple guys when we first got down there. I was setting my speed at 2.5 to 3 like they said. all we were getting was silver bass and sheepshead. Decided to put the probe in just to see. my down speed was like 1.5 to 1.75. Jumped it up to 2.25 to 2.5 on the probe down 16 ft and bam we were in the walleyes. We used all spoons on mini discs. and everyone is right on the hot n tots. make sure u tune them.