Memorial Weekend New Buffalo

This is my first time posting a report on this forum hope this will help somebody out. Two friends and myself fished out of New Buffalo Sat and Sun this past weekend. Sorry for the delay in post. Saturday set lines at 6:00 am in 85 FOW where we hit them the weekend before had four fish in the boat within an hour. Full lead took two a king and coho with Stingray sized spoons in bloody nose and lime tux and downriggers took two a laker and coho 30 and 50 down one on yellow and one on blue spoons. Thought is was going to be a good day. Continued to was lines for three hours with no bumps. Picked up and ran out to 160 and trolled west. About the time everyone was pulling and heading in it just lit up for us. Pulled a triple and a double, all coho, in about 180 FOW. Continued trolling till about 3 and ended up 14 for 24. 11 coho, 2 kings, and a laker. Nothing big though. Most all came on 10 color lead with yellow, green, or white spoons.

Sunday headed out at about 2 pm in plans on fishing till dark. Set up right where we took the triple and headed west with nothing till we hit over 200 FOW and the 10 color hit again with the orange crush. Turned and headed back SE and slowly picked away to 11 in the box before pulling lines at dark, 7 coho, 1 steelhead, 2 lakers, and 1 king. Unlike saturday 10 color only pulled two fish. Most came on 3 or 5 color and the riggers set at 40-70' down in 140-210 FOW. Best colors were orange crush, yellow killer, area 51, and lime tux in Michigan Stinger spoons. As well as ProKing Blue magnum taking two fish as well. Also for the first time this season had luck on my dipseys with spin dr's in blue and green with the same color flies set 175-225 back. We should have had our limit but couldnt get fish to stay hooked up. Lost a real nice king in the teens right before dark close to the boat.

Good numbers of coho taken but nothing big to mention.

Thanks for the great info. Daughter and I are heading down 6-12 for a youth tournament and I need to find the biggest fish she can land - probably going to have to be a steelie or a laker as at 57# she really can't man handle the big kings yet. But if I get on one of those, I'll put the rod in her holder, pull lines, and idle down the boat.

I haven't been able to land any large kings this season so far but if you are only looking for weight I have gotten some real nice 15 lb class grease balls, sorry lake trout, in the 85-120' range on anything green 20-30 off the bottom. Let me know what times you will be fishing I always am willing to talk on the radio.