Saginaw Bay Maiden Voyage 5/01

Finally made it out on the water for the first time with my new boat. Started in 12 ft of water and trolled Northwest straight out of the mouth of the Sag to 17 fow. Ended up picking up 5 fish and one that ran about 26, all on cranks 40-50 ft back. Boat handled the waves quite well. Only downfall was the outboard acted up on the ride in. Time to research and solve that problem.

T

Finally made it out on the water for the first time with my new boat. Started in 12 ft of water and trolled Northwest straight out of the mouth of the Sag to 17 fow. Ended up picking up 5 fish and one that ran about 26, all on cranks 40-50 ft back. Boat handled the waves quite well. Only downfall was the outboard acted up on the ride in. Time to research and solve that problem.

T

Great job on the fishing. Most likely bad gas or carb troubles on the outboard.

Troy, GJ on your first trip out.:)

I'll second the fuel problems. The alcohol added to the gas is causing plenty of problems on any engines with carburetors. It seems the FI engines are able to handle this crap they sell us. Try some Seafoam in the fuel and it may straighten things out.

Thanks guys, I threw the muffs on it and I am thinking it may have overheated coming in as it looks like water is leaking from the where the cover meets the shaft and their isn't a strong stream being ejected from the exit hole. The fun never ends...

T

Thanks guys, I threw the muffs on it and I am thinking it may have overheated coming in as it looks like water is leaking from the where the cover meets the shaft and their isn't a strong stream being ejected from the exit hole. The fun never ends...

T

Sound like impeller time. It's good to change them about every three years. It's cheap insurance. A new outboard or power head will really put a hurt on a budget.:)