Fishing The Great Lakes

flyman013

Now that most of the boats are put away for the winter, I was just curious where you got to fish this year. Due to the low price of gas this year (relatively speaking), I was fortunate to be able to tow the boat to three of the five Great Lakes. I fished Lake Huron out of Port Austin, Lake Superior out of Munising, and Lake Michigan out of South Haven. My goal is to fish all five lakes in the same year. Has anyone here done that?

I fished: South Haven, Saugatuck, Holland, Port Sheldon, Muskegon, Whitehall, Pentwater, Luddington, St Ignace, Hessel, and Detour.

As well as the Detroit and St Marys river for Walleye.

So really only two of the great lakes.

I would love to get to Lake O some day.

st. joe, south haven, saugatuck, holland, port sheldon, muskegon, and lundington only one lake for me this year.

Your write don, we need to do this again this year atleast once. In fact , if i have a boat in the spring i would like to do it once a mounth at various port from april to oct.

South Haven, Holland, Port Sheldon, Muskegon and Ludington on Michigan. Detour and Au Gres on Huron. I towed my boat almost 3,000 miles this year. I will probably fish Erie with my brother niext year, I'm not sure why we didn't this year. And I would love to spend a week on Ontario but it won't happen next summer. Maybe the following year. I would also like to get up to Superior sometime.

we fished st joe,muskegeon,port sheldon,manistee,ludington and frankfort on lk michigan.saginaw,augres and tawas on huron.trying to put togeather a trip to lake ontario for next year.not sure how many miles but know its over 6,000 for sure.i love the oil bath hubs on my boat trailer, all those miles and it took 20 min to change the oil and ready for another 6,000 miles next year:grin:

I guess I was a little tired when I read the initial post to this thread.

Ports I fished this year in order of numbers.

1. AuGres Several

2. Frankfort Twice

3-6. Bay City, Linwood, Port Sheldon, and Holland. Once each

It seems I never fished Tawas this year. I usually do a couple of times.

I had a difficult time, wanting to leave AuGres.

The Priority1 never went West of I75 this year. Thanks to Phil & Adam (PlumKrazy), and Capt. Paul, for my Salmon fixes this year.

st. joe, south haven, saugatuck, holland, port sheldon, muskegon, and lundington only one lake for me this year.

Your write don, we need to do this again this year atleast once. In fact , if i have a boat in the spring i would like to do it once a mounth at various port from april to oct.

i agree 100 percent

I fished between Holland and Whitehall this year but only launched from Muskegon and Port Sheldon. Last year I had more money for truck fuel and towed to a few more ports but towing a 26ft boat is a adventure so I try to keep it simple. Also for the most part we always found fish close to home so travel was not needed.