When the going gets tough. 11-20-09

Had a charter this morning with one of our new board members on my site, who decided fishing with me just once wasn't enough. :P

Jim, from down near detroit owns his own Ranger fishing boat and spends a lot of time on the detroit river fishing for walleyes. But wanted to reduce the learning curve for the Saginaw River and the Bay by chartering me a few times. Me and Jim limited out a few weeks ago on the river casting and jigging and he was back again today to see if I could show him my Zuri program he's been reading about. Unlike the last few bay trips, the weather wasn't all sunshine and lolly-pops. But instead we had thick clouds, drizzle and a stiff WSW wind. It did make for some precise attention to detail in the boat handling when running 6 rods and only 2 guys in the boat, but we got her done. Boxed 10 nice walleyes ourselves. Called the brother over to our spot after we found the fish and he and his girlfriend had 9 in the boat when we left using the Zuris he bought off me this morning at the ramp. One they caught he guessed at 10 pounds, but I guessed it at 8 from where I took the picture from, with my camera, a ways away. And indeed this particular fish was about 8 pounds.

But just now as I was writing this post the brother pulled into my driveway telling me about the bigger one he caught after we left him on the Bay. My brother has not seen that many Huge walleyes, so I figure (like the other one) it's a nice fish but no real MONSTER. Holy crap was I wrong. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: This brute was 32 inches long and had a girth almost the same as the length. Then he says do you want it to smoke? I tell him he's nuts if he don't get it mounted. It's anybodies guess rather he will or not.

IMG_0347.sized.jpg

IMG_0348.sized.jpg

IMG_0349.sized.jpg

IMG_0345.sized.jpg

IMG_0353.sized.jpg

IMG_0351.sized.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

Yup, that's the brother LUCKY DAVE. I show him where to fish, how to fish, sell him the Yo-Zuris at the ramp that he used this morning before we launched, and he kicks my AZZ in front of a charter client. Then he asks me if I want to clean and smoke this monster, because mounting it costs to much. Oh......the humanity.:no: I feel like throwing a WHITE BASS in his gunnel.

Yup, that's the brother LUCKY DAVE. I show him where to fish, how to fish, sell him the Yo-Zuris he used this morning at the ramp when we launched, and he kicks my AZZ in front of a charter client. Then he asks me if I want to clean and smoke this monster, because mounting it costs to much. Oh......the humanity.:no:

Some people eh????:lol:

Nice job out there Dan. Nice to see some big fish coming outta "our" system for a change.

For sure a good thing to see these bigger eyes. Erie seems to produce bigger eyes than the bay in general, hopefully this is a sign of bigger fish for next year. I hope it's not just late season walleye on the feed packing on the pounds big time for winter and then back to the cookie cutters of summer, not that those are bad, but it would be nice to see some generally larger walleye compared to what has been out there this past summer. Only time will tell....

Lucky for me I have 2 boats that I fish out of. The BIG boat has to be winterized or my luck would dictate that Mother Nature would surely bring on the freeze by November, freeze and crack both blocks. Kinda like if you want it to rain, wash your car. Don't want it to rain, wear your rain gear. It's all a plot against us. :P:p;):D

Lucky for me I have 2 boats that I fish out of. The BIG boat has to be winterized or my luck would dictate that Mother Nature would surely bring on the freeze by November, freeze and crack both blocks. Kinda like if you want it to rain, wash your car. Don't want it to rain, wear your rain gear. It's all a plot against us. :P:p;):D

Aint that the truth!:no::lol: