Flying In-Lines and limit by noon.

After canceling my charter last night, after seeing the weather forcast for today, the brother calls me up and cries about his 2 buddies stiffing him for their scheduled fishing trip this morning. I tell him about my recent success in close and shallow, but remind him of the predicted wind forecast for today, with SSW 22 sustaind and 30 mph gusts. But I know we might be able to fish in close to shore for a while until things get out of hand. So we start at about 7:30 and we're back at his house at 12:00 with our limit.

But the location wasn't quit the same place as the other day. We did start out in the Hot Pond/Finn road area and took 2 nice fish there right away. But that wind was unbelievable and it would blow us sideways during a gusts and make running the boards and steering the boat a nightmare. It would actually lift and fly the In-Lines boards out of the water. And when we had a fish on, and had to leave the steering wheel for a split second. Well.......it wasn't pretty.

So we packed up and moved to my old ICE BURG waypoins, very near shore and close to the Kawkawlin River. Out of the wind and into the fish. :P:grin:

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

Good going Dan!

Seems to me you could have run that charter after all.

Not really Dick. The waters/area we were fishing in first can go from 6 feet to 2 feet in a flash. It would take the utmost attention to just steer the bigger boat, let alone be distracted with setting lines and netting fish. And with how high the Grady sets in the water, along with the canopy, steering would have been impossible. The other spot we fished second is better/safer for my bigger boat, but the waypoints are so close together a man would have to be continually turning around. All these things are accomplished both better and faster in a small boat like the brothers 19 footer using 4 rods versus the Grady running 8 to 10.

And Frank. We used my Rattle Tot's with the dab of crawler on the front hook again, but no keels. 30 foot leads on In-line boards in waters from 5 to 12 feet deep.