AuGres 07-10-09 Gitter Done

Tom T. aka TallTails, and Paul R. aka Paperboy, hit the pond with me this morning. We started fishing in 2-3 foot waves, that laid down to 1 footers. We managed a 3 man limit drifting and trolling. I'll bet you'll never guess what I was running.:lol: 3 oz bouncers with harnesses over the side, and 2 oz bouncers with harnesses off inline boards. 1.5 MPH over 29-30 FOW. Colors were purple, pink, red, and chartreuse. I had some Colorado, Dakota, and Smile blades on. Our hottest rod was over the side with a homemade red smile blade. Fishing is not as easy as it was a couple of weeks ago. We started early, to beat the bad weather forecast. I like fishing ahead of a storm front. It was a rare trip for me because I was on the helm the whole time, except for a nature call. Starting out drifting and trolling into the 3 footers was a task. I felt I could control the boat best. Any fisherman knows, if you don't have boat control, you don't have nothing. TallTails, and Paperboy, were very capable on the back of the boat. GITTER DONE. Oh!! We did get two bonus perch, some undersized walleye, and some farm animals. We threw back 3 legal walleye

augres_07-10-09.jpg