Walleye AuGres 07-03-09

Mark MFS, Oscoda Frank, and myself teamed up aboard the Priority1 for some walleye whacking. We started where we left off yesterday and could only manage a couple of fish. I then decided to try one of my favorite starting points WPT 160. We snapped up about 7 or 8 walleye in about a half hr. We went on to box a total of 14 walleye one short of our limit. It was tough conditions and a tough bite.:)

The day started off bad. I had a no show rider from the GR area. He left message for me to call him. He was very apologetic and had a good reason for the now show. It seems he shut the alarm off and went back to sleep. We waited an extra 20 minutes, because he was coming from such a long distance.:)

But wait there's more. When we were done fishing I was up on plane in the lower AuGres River, and pulled the throttle back just before the no wake area. The boat came off plane, and the engine quit. We slowly washed into the rocky shore. MFS Mark made it out on the bow and was able to keep the boat from getting damaged. While we were on the rocks a few boats passed by, with not an offer to help. I broke the coil mounting bracket and the coil shorted out and blew the ignition breaker. It took us about 10 minutes to find the problem and fire up and get back to the launch. The launch on holiday weekends is filled with 3 time a year inconsiderate boaters, that have no idea about launch etiquette. GRRRR.:(

But wait there's more. While loading the boat I broke a shaft in my electric winch. Fortunately the boat was close enough to hook the safety chain, and get the boat out of the water.:)

Putting things into perspective, all of the above is just a bump in the road of life. We had a good day of rough water fishing, and no one got hurt. I was able to pick up a coil bracket at the marina for under $3. The marina is located in AuGres adjacent to the NAPA auto parts store. I need to get a new winch and Priority1 will be ready to ROCK. I probably will not fish again until Tues or Wed. Honey Dos. I do push the limits when it comes to fishing. My wife is very understanding.:)

Well now, thats sounds like quite the day for a retired fella....:lol:...Glad you got in without any trouble. Nice job on the fish.

I can understand the lack of ediquette at the dock, but blatently passing by someone in trouble is just total B.S....Nothing irritates me more. Wish i woulda been up there Frank, i woulda gave you a tow.

Good luck with your honey dos and with the winch repair.:grin::lol:;)

I can understand the lack of ediquette at the dock, but blatently passing by someone in trouble is just total B.S....Nothing irritates me more. Wish i woulda been up there Frank, i woulda gave you a tow.

I know you would have helped. We were not in any danger but may have needed a tow off the rocks before shifting into gear.

labor day is not to far off,then the amatures:mad: will be gone and we will all be able to relax again:grin:summer at the ramps can be an experince.

Edited by jay d
?

I know you would have helped. We were not in any danger but may have needed a tow off the rocks before shifting into gear.

You know it Frank. Its just the right thing to do.

I had an ice fishing outting this past winter. A bunch of us from another website went out fishing. I set foot on the ice at about 8 am, and didnt get off it until 9:30 PM that night. I was constantly on the machine either getting people out or running in to get the cooking equipment for our fish fry and i was also inolved in pulling out 4 machines from the ice that day. I think i fished like 2 1/2 hours and as luck would have it, i was able to catch my 5 fish. It was a long day to say the least, with its ups and downs, but id do it all over again...I could be the one in need next time and i would hope someone would be gracious enough to take a little time outta their day to pitch in and help.

Hopefully someone will read this and put two and two together instead of worrying about a couple of fish when they see a boat broke down.

You know it Frank. Its just the right thing to do.

I had an ice fishing outting this past winter. A bunch of us from another website went out fishing. I set foot on the ice at about 8 am, and didnt get off it until 9:30 PM that night. I was constantly on the machine either getting people out or running in to get the cooking equipment for our fish fry and i was also inolved in pulling out 4 machines from the ice that day. I think i fished like 2 1/2 hours and as luck would have it, i was able to catch my 5 fish. It was a long day to say the least, with its ups and downs, but id do it all over again...I could be the one in need next time and i would hope someone would be gracious enough to take a little time outta their day to pitch in and help.

Hopefully someone will read this and put two and two together instead of worrying about a couple of fish when they see a boat broke down.

Right on Adam. Good people are just that. It does have a way of coming back to you. :)