Au Gres 6/12 - 6/13 - 6/14

It was an awesome weekend in Au Gres. Weather was great, fishing was good and company was top notch.

6/12 - Fished the evening for a little while, until it started blowing and the waves were kicking up. We boated 12 fish in little over an hour, only 5 were keeper size.

6/13 - Left the dock around 7am. Went south to the point and setup on a southerly troll. Started picking away at the walleye soon after sitting down. It was not fast and furious but we managed our 3 man limit, I want to stress that we actually worked for these fish. Almost seemed like the last 3 took 2 hours to get??????? 29-33 fow.

6/14 - I usually don't feel the need to leave the dock walleye fishing too early. Up @ 5am and setting lines by 6:30. Started in on the fish pretty quick. Done fishing with our 3 man by 9:30.

1 jet 20 100' of line stinger scorpion

2 jet 30 100' of line stinger scorpion

2 downriggers

3, 4 & 5 color leadcore.

Jet divers seemed to do better then the lead this weekend, not by much. Stevie wonder, rainbow trout, emerald(green) shiner, fire dot, yellow tux, wonderbread, chicken wing, buckeye and a few others. All stinger scorpions except yellow tux. Threw on a few northport nailer size 100 in purple and got fish on that too, along with NPN Key lime pie. Speed 1.6 -2.4 gos. Each day we boated several undersized fish! Also hit about a 10# sheep today. First junk fish I've caught in the past 2 years out of Au Gres.

Nice work Jason!! Seems to be alot more fish closer to Au Gres this yr then last yr!!

Scott

Not only more fish, but they are of better size on average. With the amount of sublegal i've been tossing back everytime we look to be in good shape for a while. Had one this weekend followed by this statement"wow, we caught a perch on one of your spoons". That was no perch, just a very nice 10" walleye. Throwing back at least 6-15/trip.