Friday and Saturday on the Bay

Well, things finally worked out and i was able to get out on the bay for the first time since March. By far the latest start ive ever had on the big pond. Anyhow, on Firday we managed to boat 14 on the maiden voyage. Yesterday, we landed 9 in the cold wind and waves early in the day. Water was allot dirtier yesterday from the overnight NE blow. We had to move to get back on em....Didnt slay em, but we had a great time....Good to be out again.

Fished in 14-18' of water. Pulled our fish up high. 15' back with 1 oz. inlines and harnesses as well as 1 oz. BB 25' back on Friday.

Chart,lime green beads w/#3 Northland Indiana blades w/spoon ahead of the harness 12" was the best rig the last two days. Another good harness was bright orange beads and tangerine beads with a #3 French blade in Black with yellow dots on it. Orange beads with #4 colorado orange baitfish blades also took fish. Productive speed was 1.2-1.4 for us....Water temps were 61*-63*.

Good job. Big change from last years easy pickings. Lots more fish staying shallow or in that warmer layer of water near the top. They've been killing them on the east side better it seems. My one bud is catching them on T-Stick juniors yet. Hope it straightens out soon. ;)

I agree, with the cold water theyre hanging up high. I just talked to a friend of mine that lives on the east side and he said theyre absolutely slaughtering them. Said he's got fish in anywhere from 4-15' of water...He did say theres allot of small fish though....But, as long as somethings pulling the string, thats all that matters.

Weather looks great for this week. Temps in the 70's and even 80's by weeks end. Lows are in the 50's as well. Water should heat up more and so should the fishing.:D