wire rigs

Well, I broke down yesterday and bought 2 Okuma Blue Diamond roller rods, with Okuma Convector CV45D reels. I bought at Jay's in Clare and had them spool on 1,000 of 19 strand torpedo wire on each with some 30# Big Game mono as a backer to fill the spool some.

Hopefully I will get a chance to get out and use them sometime this weekend.:)

Also, would a Palomar knot work for attaching the wire line to a snap swivel to hook up to the dipsy?

Thanks

Edited by anthonyyost
Had a question

I don't understand, what's the bead for?

I reel the swivel all the way to the rod tip. This prevents the swivel from possibly getting stuck in the rod tip, or damaging it.

I reel it all the way to the rod tip to prevent the coils in the line when a diver is removed with slack line.

I do the Bead thing also, but I also take an old snubber, LJ style and cut it into 3" pieces. I take the cord out of the center, and then put it on the wire above the bead. I use the knot that was posted. I reel the wire up tight to the rod tip like Mike said, this gives you a little more protection for the tiptop. It does not seem to bother the fish either.

Rich

I reel the swivel all the way to the rod tip. This prevents the swivel from possibly getting stuck in the rod tip, or damaging it.

I reel it all the way to the rod tip to prevent the coils in the line when a diver is removed with slack line.

Thanks for the explanation. I normally hook the swivel to the loop near the reel. With the 8'-9' rods its a pain chasing the swivel at the other end of the rod. I usually snip off and retie my lines 3-4 times a season anyway. Thanks.