Friday 5/22/09 AuGres Eyes

The Grumpy old men fished with Brent and Dave out of AuGres. Big Jack is the other grumpy old man. We had to work a bit for a four man limit, and a bonus whitefish. Actually by the time we cleared our 11 lines we were two fish over. Of course we farmed the two and headed in. 30 FOW 2oz bouncers and harnesses. Purple was our best color, but we took fish on pink, chartreuse, and orange also. The old dogs can still gitter done, especially when we have some young pups to do some leg work.:grin: We are just warming up. The lilacs are blooming so it's time to turn up the heat on the Saginaw Bay Eyes. Get em while there HOT.:)

I will post some pics later. I didn't have my camera so I'll get some pics via email.

Thanks for the report Frank. Were you right out front? Or did you fish where we did last summer? I am heading up tomorrow, a little fishing tomorrow (maybe), for sure on Sunday. Give me a shout on the radio if you're out there.

Thanks for the report Frank. Were you right out front? Or did you fish where we did last summer? I am heading up tomorrow, a little fishing tomorrow (maybe), for sure on Sunday. Give me a shout on the radio if you're out there.

We were the mavericks and headed just a touch S of Pt AuGres. We gave out that information, and I had another Starcraft Islander just about run over my port outside board trying to get close to us. His boat darn near went over it. It was like he wanted to run over our exact same track. Those fish are all over the place. If you know how to fish, there's no reason to crowd anyone. Radio silence from now on especially on the weekends. Just a mile or so S. Jason.