Baldwin Bitley area

Sorry for the late report. Went up to the Huntin shack this past weekend and did a little more pan fishing. Hit Pettibone lake 5:00 pm on Fri 5/8. There were fish shallow but most were small with an occasional 9 incher. found 8 to 9 inchers consistantly in 12' of water. ended up with 14 in the 8 to 9 inch range. One of our new neighbors up the Little Jacob who is 12 yrs old halled in the biggest blue gill I have ever seen and Im 40 years old. Theres not a lot to do up there but hunt and fish and this boy lives up there and really has no one his age to hang out with other then my son when we are up there. He is a good kid. I put the ruler to his gill and it was 12.5 inches long. I did not weigh it but it was all of 1lb. Jake is one heck of a young fisherman. I wish I would have had my camera along. you guys would have loved it. Water was still cool and really did not see any action up on the beds yet. alot of Bass cruising the shallows. Its going to be a late spawn this year. Rest of the weekend was a blow as that cold front shut everything down. Atleast we go one good evening in.