Great Lakes Fisherman Challenge - Sign Up

GLF

stinger.jpgprotroll.jpg

silverhorde.jpgsigg.jpg

8 August 2008

Fisherman's Landing, Muskegon, MI

Blow date - 9 August 2008

What is the Great Lakes Fisherman?

The Great Lakes Fisherman Challenge is a fishing event with everyone on the same playing field. Everyone receives the EXACT SAME(including colors) lure package at a discounted price! Same spoons, same flashers, same flies, and same plugs! Everyone is limited to having no more than 6 lines in the water at one time. The lures in your lure package are the only lures you are allowed to use. If you loose one or all of your baits, you are not allowed to replace it/them with another lure from your box.

What does is cost to fish in the event?

The total cost for this years event is $80. The lure package costs $50, and the entry fee for the event $30.00($5.00 go's toward big fish pot). If you were to purchase all of these lures individually, the cost would be over $85.00.

What does the lure package consist of?

The lure package will consist of:

6 Stingray Spoons(1 Nitro)

2 ProTroll Flashers

2 Siggs Rigs Flies

2 Silver Horde Plugs(1 Silver Horde, and 1 Ace Hi)

Entry fees must be paid for by 25 July. I have to send out checks to each of the different sponsors for the lures in the lure packages.

What color are the baits in the lure package?

At this time, the colors are unknown. When I receive the lure packages. I will post a picture of the lures. The last 2 challenges I ran, I had a custom spoon in each one. This years package "may" have a custom spoon, flasher, fly, and silver horde, which will only be available this year in this package.

Can I just pay for the discounted lure package and not fish in the event?

Absolutely not!

If you do not show up for the event, your lure package will be DONATED as a prize at the event, and your money WILL NOT be refunded. In the event you sign up for the challenge and can not make it, you may try to find someone to fish in your place.

When will I get my lure package?

I will have everyones lure package in a bag at the boat ramp by 4:30am, the morning of the event. You MUST be checked in and receive your lure package by 5:30am. I am leaving the dock at 5:30am.

Fishing Event Rules:

1. No Charter Captains - This is an amateur event.
  2. You are not allowed to alter the appearance of a spoon, flasher, fly, or plug in your lure package. ie...no adding/removing tape, or adding paint. You may change hooks.
  3. You are only allowed to fish the lures that are in your lure package. If you are caught fishing with a lure that is not in your package, you will be disqualified.
  4. If you loose one or all of your baits, you are not allowed to replace it/them with another lure(s) from your box.
  5. You may not set a line before 6am
  6. You may not have more than 6 lines in the water at a time. If you are caught with more than 6 lines in the water, you will be disqualified.
  7. You must be checked in at Fisherman's Landing by 1pm. There will be someone on the dock to check you in when you come in. If you are not checked in by 1pm, you will be disqualified.
  8. There is no limit to the number of people in your boat.
  9. You may not have in your possession more than a 3 person limit.
  10. You may weigh in 5 fish of any kind. Chinook, coho, steelhead, brown trout, or lake trout.
  11. Scoring will be a weight plus points system. Each lb = 1 point. Each fish you weigh in is worth 10 additional bonus points. example...You way in 5 fish that weigh 43lbs, your score will be 93 points. 43 points for weight plus 50 bonus points for weighing in 5 fish.
  12. Make sure you know which fish is your big fish before you come to the scales. NO CHECKING AT THE SCALES!
  13. If you net the fish, it goes in your box.
  14. NO CULL RULE - There will be no throwing back fish unless they are under size.
  15. All boats will leave from Fisherman's Landing by water, and return to Fisherman's Landing.
  16. If your boat breaks and you can not make it in by check in time, you may bring your cooler in another boat to weigh-in. Someone from your crew needs to accompany it.
  17. All boats/coolers will be checked at the ramp before the tournament begins. You will be given a flag that must be attached to your antenna after your cooler is checked.
  18. We will use channel 72 for radio communication during the event.
  19. Each team captain will have to sign a waiver releasing Great Lakes Fisherman, and all of the sponsors from any damages or injuries that may occur while fishing in this event.

There will be additional prizes given out after the weigh in from each of the sponsors.

Are you up to the challenge?

2008 Challenge Winners

1st place with 5 fish and a score of 107.3pts was dajumboman.

dajumboman.jpg

2nd place with 5 fish and a score of 105.90 was Rob.

Rob.jpg

3rd place with 5 fish and a score of 101.10 was DIRTY DOG.

DIRTYDOG_683487.jpg

2007 Challenge Winners

1st place - anmetcalf - 104.4 points

Anmetcalf.jpg

2ndpPlace - Caznik - 101 points

Caznik_841894.jpg

3rd place - Mariner - 99 points

Mariner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Teams entered in the Great Lakes Fisherman Challenge.

1. GLF
  2. Paulywood
  3. fishsniffer
  4. DIRTY DOG
  5. 1MAINIAC
  6. BIGTREBLE
  7. joelsanders
  8. RambleOn
  9. SC Fisherman 22
  10. Rob
  11. Razbury
  12. tgafish - tentative