Moore Sub Troll

Three years ago I bought a Moore subtroll 900. It has worked 1 out of 3 seasons. I have spent much time trouble shooting and money replaceing cables rerouting them etc at the reccomendation of Duane at Moore Electronics. They finally told me to send the unit in. So on the 19th of march I mailed it in. They recieved it on the 23rd. I called last thursday and Hank Who was very nice told me that I should call to see where Duane is at with it on monday. I called Today and Got a hold of Duane. Explained What I had been told. And much to my supprise I was blamed for it not being fixed. Appearently I should not have called to check on MY subtroll that I payed almost 450 Deneros for and appearently I waited untill the last minute. I appologized to Duane for wasting his time and stated well I guess if it is my fault then it was my fault.

I Have kept my oppinion to myself with all of the post about subtroll and depth raider and fish hawk because I really did not have an opinion. I have also been told by Duane that they almost never have any problems with there units which must not be true as he is two weeks behind in fixing them because he has so many.

Bottom line Duane is Very rude for somone in the costomer service business and my reccomedation is stay away from sub troll. When I recieve mine back I will be glad to make somone a good deal on it as I will be buying a FishHawk asap.:angry2:

Your absolutly right Frank. I have bought lots of products over the years that could have been better but I kept buying them because the customer service for that product was excelent and customer service begins with people.

Hey Guys,

I had to have my subtroll worked on this year too. I bought mine used and figured there was a problem when I couldn't get a speed reading. I called last summer and talked to Duane and had a nice conversation with him. When I sent it in this year(Feb) I called about two weeks after they received it to find out the progress. I was told that many units were sent in from the southern boys and that they were getting first priority since they had open water and we were, at the time, still iced in. Again, when I talked to Duane, nice conversation. Who knows, maybe you caught him on a bad day. I had those every once in a while in customer service. Just wanted to say my peace.

Bob

I have had many conversations with Duane over the past 3 years And reguardless of him having a bad day or not you cant talk to customers the way he talked with me. So my post was an fyi. I wish all the best that deal with Duane

Reguardless .the unit was bought new and Is now going to be another $100 to repair. as it is done. I could get no feedback other then it had burned up components in it and according to his partner, Duane is the one doing the repairs. Out of three seasons Ive owned it, it worked 1. Duane was more then nice to me this time around as most guy in the customer service business are when you are paying the bill.

When I 1st got mine, I had a problem with it so I called them. Duane told me to send it in. I told him I was coming to Buffalo to visit another Co which was nearby & would drop it off then. Anyways that day came and at Lunch time I ran the unit in to him. He interrupted his lunch & looked at it immediately. Half hr later I was on my way with a healthy unit. I'm quite surprised you had a bad experience.

When I 1st got mine, I had a problem with it so I called them. Duane told me to send it in. I told him I was coming to Buffalo to visit another Co which was nearby & would drop it off then. Anyways that day came and at Lunch time I ran the unit in to him. He interrupted his lunch & looked at it immediately. Half hr later I was on my way with a healthy unit. I'm quite surprised you had a bad experience.

Belive me when I say I was very suprised myself but you know the old saying be ware of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Good luck to all with a subtroll