Hey guys! Looking for a little input to anyone who is fishing the south end of Lake Michigan. We are going to NB next weekend. Just looking for any reports from now til then if anyone is fishing this area. Any help is greatly appreciated. Heard a good report from Gary Light, but have no idea where this is, I assume, maybe gary indiana. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Jason

You are correct they do mean Gary Indiana. This time of year most people troll the shoreline with a surface presentation of thin fins, tadpollys, hot n tots, wigglewarts, J11 and j13 rapalas. and penut flys. Most guys out of St.joe, not all, troll the trophs south to the power plant, Most guys fishing NB will either go north to the cook plant or south to gary. use caution when fishing none michigan waters that some areas reqire you to have a licence to fish there wateres. sounds like the fish are still south of NB yet. we need a good warm rain to get these fish moving north. I would definently target the 5' to 20' water as I have trolled for hours this time of year with nothing and all of a suddenly find a big school of cohos and its a chinese fire drill.

Yup, we fished there last year, I think a little bit later in April and smacked em real good. Just like you said 5-20 fow. Hopefully by next weekend there will be some fish around. It's a long way over there for me, and would really like to get some action. If you hear anything this week give me and update if you could.

thanks again!

Well the weather man has deterred us from fishing today. Winds out of the N NE with a small craft warning for later in the day, followed by rain early this afternoon. I don't know what I am doing sitting at home, not even a whisper in the trees yet. :angry2: The sun is shining, would have been an ideal morning to go. Damn!

Fished south haven in the Nee Hi saturday morning. Got windy but the waves were just fine in my 16footer. Just big gentle rollers. Water was chilly but not as cold as above the seas. No a single hit. Lots of others out early but they left early too. Good to be out fishing at least. Water was pretty dirty and stirred up. Farther south prob woulda been better fishing. Oh well.

Yes that big thing was there. Its like 17' deep in front of the bridge now.:eek: They must be taking quite a bit o sand outta there.:) Water was pretty chilly out on the lake but me and Fishwhisperer had fun. Coulda used some fish.:rolleyes:

FYI-No warmwater down by the plant as they are shutdown right now.