2009 West Michigan Fishing League Sign Up

2009 West Mich. Fishing League Sign Up

bigjon2.jpg

Dreamweaver Lure Company

B4Klogo.jpg

Thanks to our major sponsors Big Jon Sports and Dreamweaver lure Company. This year the West Michigan fishing league has some nice prizes for the end of the year, but it depends on how many teams we can get signed up and paid. This year I am going to run the fishing league alot different than other years, but it will and can be still alot of fun to be able to meet member's and go out fishing with a bunch of great guys. This year I am going to be working with the termally ill kids like I did for the Dreamweaver and Big Jon event. The cost will be alot cheaper than all other years and we can still have alot of fun fishing together by keeping cash winnings out of the game, but still have cash winning for the big fish event. This year Big Jon sports is going to donate 1 major prize to raffle off at the 5th event and 5 T- shirts and 5 hats for the points champion and the Big fish champ. The major prize can be either a set of rod holders, one downrigger, or whatever Big Jons sports will donate. But it is up to us captain to get a big prize by having as many teams as possible. The more teams we can get the bigger the prize we can get. Dreamweaver lure company is going to donate 5 spin doctors, 5 magnum spoons, 5 regular spoons, 5 SS spoons, 5 T- shirts, 5 hats, and a large lure package to give away. Now the Big jon major prize and the lure package from Dreamweaver will be given away at the end of the year by a raffle off. When you sign up you will receive 10 raffle tickets to try and win either the major prize at the end of the year. If you cannot make all five events that will be fine because I will still give your team a chance to still win the major prize if you cannot show up for the last event, but all I ask from you is to pay for the shipping cost.

2009 Fishing League Date's

Sunday May 3rd- Port Sheldon (5am-11am)

Blow date- Sunday May 17th- Port Sheldon (5am-11am)

Sunday June 7th- Port Sheldon (5am-11am)

Blow date- Sunday June 14th (5am-11am)

Sunday July 12th- Port Sheldon (5am-11am)

No Blow date

Sunday August 2nd - Muskegon Fisherman's Landing (5am-11am)

Blow date- Sunday August 23rd- Muskegon Fisherman's Landing (5am-11am)

Sunday September 13th- Muskegon Fisherman's Landing (5am-11am)

Blow date- Sunday September 20th- Muskegon Fisherman's Landing (5am-11am)

Cost For Per Team

5 Events- $45.00= $20.00 will go towards Benifit 4 kids and the $25.00 will go towards your 5 big fish entries. ( you will also receive 10 raffle tickets for the end of the year)

4 Events- $40.00= $20.00 will go towards Benifit 4 kids and the $20.00 will go towards your 5 big fish entries. ( you will also receive 10 raffle tickets for the end of the year)

3 Events- $35.00= $20.00 will go towards Benifit 4 kids and the $15.00 will go towards your 5 big fish entries. ( you will also receive 10 raffle tickets for the end of the year)

2 Events- $30.00= $20.00 will go towards Benifit 4 kids and the $10.00 will go towards your 5 big fish entries. ( you will also receive 10 raffle tickets for the end of the year)

1 Event- $25.00= $20.00 will go towards Benifit 4 kids and the $5.00 will go towards your 5 big fish entries. ( you will also receive 10 raffle tickets for the end of the year)

There will be no refunds and you can either mail me a check or give it to me at the first event during the weigh in.

There will be no refunds if you cannot make any event after being paid or canceled due to high winds.

At the 5th event I will raffle off the major Big Jon prize and the Dreamweaver large lure package.

Event Rule's For 2009

1. This is a FUN charity tournament. We ask people to share fishing tips on the radio (Channel 72). Please keep your comments at a PG rating. This is a family orientated event.

2. Fishing starts at 5:00 AM and lines pulled at 11:00 AM.(All captains must be at the weigh in by 12:30 and no later)

3. Boats must only use 6 rods.

4. Three-man limit on catching fish and a MAX of 4 fisherman per boat.

5. Weigh in 5 fish of any kind (King, Coho, Steelhead, Browns, and Lakers).

6. Each fish is worth points plus weight.

Browns- 25pts.

Steelheads- 20pts.

Kings- 15 pts.

Coho's- 10 pts.

Laker's- 5pts.

7. Know what your big fish is. You get 1 chance to weigh your big fish.

8. NO CULL RULE. If you box the fish or the fish is bleeding, YOU MUST KEEP THE FISH.

9- All captains must sign a waiver form before they fish.

If we are fishing this tournament and anyone happens to see any lightning, you MUST report to Caznik (Channel 72). Cancellations will be called for lightning, wind warnings, small craft warnings. Tournament will still count if fished at least until 8:00 AM.

Winnings

Biggest fish- Cash

1st place- 15 raffle tickets

2nd place- 10 Raffle tickets

3rd place- 5 raffle tickets

2009 Biggest Fish Of The Year Game

Each captain will have to put in $10.00 to enter the Big Fish Game. You only have to put in one time only and that is it. You will have to pay me before you go out fishing and not at the weigh in. Any captain that wants to fish any of these tournaments can get in this fun game even though you just happen to sign up latter on.(BUT YOU CANNOT SIGN UP FOR THIS IN THE LAST EVENT) In this game the cash will be big and the winning captain can get something pretty good for there boat for fishing if he likes to. Now how this will work is the captain that has the BIGGEST fish of the year will win all the cash, but the captain must be present at the last tournament.

Good luck captains…

Caznik

(any questions? please call me at 1-269-303-6976)

Teams Signed Up

1- Caznik- 5 events

2- 1Mainiac (MS) 5 events

Edited by caznik

• 2 weeks later...

Teams signed up

1- Caznik= 5 events

2- Adjusted3= 2 events

3- Oakley= 5 events

Anyone like to sign up, please I am not on to much so I will add you to the list as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please call me at 1-269-303-6976

Thanks you,

Rich

Teams signed up

1- Caznik= 5 events

2- Adjusted3= 2 events

3- Oakley= 5 events

4-Gadget= 5 events

5- Joelsanders= 5 events

Anyone like to sign up, please I am not on to much so I will add you to the list as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please call me at 1-269-303-6976

Thanks you,

Rich

Edited by caznik

Winnings

Biggest fish- Cash

1st place- 15 raffle tickets

2nd place- 10 Raffle tickets

3rd place- 5 raffle tickets

This is per event, correct?

Yes thats right,

But we are still trying to win cash for the biggest fish of the day.

Rich

Teams signed up

1- Caznik= 5 events

2- Adjusted3= 2 events MS

3- Oakley= 5 events MS

4-Gadget= 5 events MS

5- Joelsanders= 5 events GLF

6- 1 mainiac = 5 events GLF

7-Hollandpiper= 5 events MS

8- Bruce= 5 events outsider

Thanks you,

Rich

Edited by caznik

Update on the new big fish game.

Each captain will have to put in $10.00 to enter the Big Fish Game. You only have to put in one time only and that is it. You will have to pay me before you go out fishing and not at the weigh in. Any captain that wants to fish any of these tournaments can get in this fun game even though you just happen to sign up latter on. In this game the cash will be big and the winning captain can get something pretty good for their boat for fishing if he likes to. Now how this will work is the captain that has the BIGGEST fish of the year will win all the cash, If the captain is not there at the last event, I will mail the check to the winner.

Good luck captains…

Teams signed up

1- Caznik= 5 events

3- Oakley= 5 events MS

4-Gadget= 5 events MS

9- dcralston= 5 events GLF

Thanks you,

Rich

Edited by caznik

• 2 weeks later...

Teams signed up

1- Caznik= 5 events

3- Oakley= 5 events MS

4-Gadget= 5 events MS

10- Far Beyond Driven= 1 event MS (5-3-09)

11- RambleOnn= 5 events MS

Thanks you,

Rich

Edited by caznik

Teams signed up

1- Caznik= 5 events

3- Oakley= 5 events MS

4-Gadget= 5 events MS

10- Far Beyond Driven= 1 event MS (5-3-09)

11- RambleOnn= 5 events MS

Thanks you,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Everyone,

This year once again I still am not feeling so good and have alot of personal things that i have to work out and fishing is not event on my mind right now. So I am not going to run the league once agin till I feel 100% better. I am very sorry but I just am not 100% yet.

Sorry guys,

Rich

so is the wmfl in the tank this year or is someone else running it?....is the b4k the only thing going on?

The WMFL currently does not have anyone to run it so as of now it will not happen. If anyone wants to pick up the ball and run with it you could call Rich and see what he thinks. When it first started it was just some guys throwing money in a hat. No sponsors no prizes but it still was a blast and probably still could be.

The Dreamweaver charity tourney benefiting B4K was picked up by myself and a few other WMFL regulars with Rich's blessing. I'll be posting a sign up page this week. I'll have the particulars (costs, rules, etc.) up in a couple weeks. Look forward to seeing everyone again in July or earlier:)

Jim Sixshooter has announced a Jul 25th date for the Dreamweaver event at Fishermans Landing on the MS page and already has a short list. He is hoping for 60 boats this year.

There is a post here already.