Thought that the wife and kids (4 and 2) would try a little perching this morning. We set up north of the pier in 10-12 fow and could not find them. Tried the same south of the pier...same result. Little ones were growing impatient. Decided to head out to 50ft and try a little trolling with the rest of the boats. Which by the number of boats in holland and what I saw on the webcam for GH thought I would see a few more posts on here. Since no one wants to share, I will tell my sad tale. Got to 50ft ~10:30 fish on half core with JP Slammer NBK within 15 minutes. I let the wife reel it in. 1st time she has been trolling with me and the 1st she ever had on a line. Got near the back of the boat and it came unbuttoned. Didn't even have a chance to get the net in the water. Problem is after another 2 hours of trolling that was it... 0 for 1. I'll have to get her out next time for the early bite.

Hourlate

By the way, the water spouts were quite a site this morning. Plus, FYI heard quitea bit of chatter on the radio re: an impressive scum line at 115fow just south of the pier. Sounded like they did pretty well around it. The threat of rain with spouts and little kids did not sound like a mixture I wanted to deal with so we stayed away...

Hourlate

Thanks for the report Hourlate. A lot of the guys that post a bunch have slowed there fishing down. As fall approaches and school starts it's hard to get out as often. Keep up the good work.

Ken.

You hit the Nail right on the head nailer. wanted to get out this weekend however being a football coach in the fall takes about 95% of my time.