Kalamazoo River 01/28

Silver One was nice enough to take me fishing on the river today. Put in below the Allegan Dam. We fished for 6 hours between the M-89 bridge and the Allegan Dam. We missed two hits. We were trolling Hot-n-Tots. One hit came on orange and one on chartruse and orange. We talked with other people along the river. We came accross two boats that had one fish each, and we came accross one boat that had two steelies and one brown trout. The one that had the 3 fish was using skein. Lots of other boats we came accross did not have any. The water temperature was 34.8.

It was a nice day to be on the river. There's always next time!

Also fished the Zoo on Saturday Morning. Fished from dawn to about noon thirty.

We went 2 for 3 on steel and somehow my partner managed a big redhorse sucker on a tot.

All our fish came on hardware. We brought some spawn with us but never got it wet.

one the big fish (the one I caught) went 10lbs 4oz. That was tricked by a rainbow trout colored rattle tot. The other steelie that was landed was a small skipper on a chrome with chrt ladder back. That also took the sucker and the other steelie we had hit.

It was a beautiful day on the river.

-Jim

Hey

Made it back out sunday afternoon and redemed myself as I went 2 for 2 with my boy zachary. One was on skeen drop back fishing a deep hole the other was on the troll with an orange, white and chartruse hot n tot. My luck seemed to be changing as the past three weekends I have gone 0 for 1 and 0 for 2 and 0 for 2. I went to get a pic of my boy with his fish and when I took my camera out the little batterie door came open and into the big muddy went my rechargable batteries. So I did not get a pic of them. I will put spare batteries for camera on my items to carrie on boat. Bolth were bulls around 6/7 lbs. Kept one for the grill and let the other go.

till next week

Joe, boat name: ( silver one.)

Just Glf Wondreing Why You Where Fishing In Lake Allegan For Steelies The M- 40 Bridge Is Above The Allegan Dam The M-89 Bridge Is Below

Whoops....typo on my part :eek: It was the M-89 bridge. :rolleyes:

I edited the original post to reflect the correct bridge. Thanks DIRTY DOG!