S. Haven 8/1/08pm and 8/3/08 am

8/1/2008 afternoon:

We fished South Haven Friday evening before getting chased off by lightning :( We did manage to fish from about 4:30pm to about 7:30pm and went 3 for 6. Divers on 1.5 back 90 with white flasher/white fly, 200' copper with a white Lyman lure, and DW monkey puke down 45 off the rigger did the damage. Unfortunately, we had to pull lines prior to seeing the sun get close to the water. All fish came in 80 to 85fow on West trolls about 2 miles north of the piers. Typical spread was 9 lines; 2 riggers, 2 divers, 2 coppers, 2 half cores, and a 3 color up top to try for a stray steely. Water was 75ish on top, 60ish down 25, and 50 ish down 40. All 3 fish boxed were kings; 12-16lbs.

8/3/08 morning:

We had lines set at ~6:00am in 70fow north of the piers and pulled lines at 11:30am in 140fow. Water had warmed a little; 50 degree water was down ~50. Green was the ticket. The spread varied; 8 lines early and 11 later as action slowed. Divers set on 1.5 back 75 pulling a green glow frog spinny and green Siggs fly(forgot to grab the pic:( ), riggers down 55 pulling white crush spinny/white/green glow fly, DW green easter egg off 200' of copper, stinger NBK off the half core(only 1 hit, but biggest fish), DW green dolphin off the rigger down 75, and green spinny pulling a 3 fly teaser meat rig all produced fish/hits. We finished 8 for 11 on the morning; 5 fish in the am in 80-90fow on NW/NE trolls and the last 3 fish in 120-140fow on NW/NE trolls. Size was decent; 17 was largest and the rest went 8 to 15.

Also, we broke a lure! :eek: The split ring pull through the spoon. It happened right at the back of the boat and I managed to reach way out to net the fish before swimming away. I pulled fish from the net and there's the hook and slit ring in good shape! This is apparently my year for breaking stuff!

Great report Jason!

You didn't fish the 1 foot or less waves Saturday?:lol:

LOL, no, I didn't fish the 1' or less on Saturday. I did go out and see some boats going out and coming in through the 2-4's though. I didn't hang around the cleaning station to see how the catching was. Beer was calling the wife and I to Captain Lou's :D