My cousin from out of town, my son, and I hit the water about 6 pm. Set up in 100'. Ended the night 5 for 10. Wire diver 200 back with the Mountain dew spinner/ fly accounted for 4. Copper with a Moonshine Brook Trout took the biggest @ 15 pounds. Monkey Puke down 80' off the rigger had 3 and Moonshine (the spoon) got 1. We fish pretty much straight out and, stayed in the 100-110 range.

We had a very big one on the wire diver with the 12" coyote flasher and a Sigs Rig Mountain Dew fly, She took out 100+ feet of line. My cousin tightened the drag a bit, the fish did a big dive and broke the wire :mad: good by Flasher/fly/mag dipsey/fish.

There was a storm 20 miles off shore that kind of fell apart. before it fell apart my sons hair was standing straight up, and the antenna was sizzling.

CRW_5614.jpg

My cousin tightened the drag a bit, the fish did a big dive and broke the wire :mad: good by Flasher/fly/mag dipsey/fish.

I threaten my crews with a set of side cutters. If anyone thumbs a spool or tightens a drag, they are going to loose a finger or thumb. :D

Nice job Ken and crew!

Nice job on the fish.....The kids hair standing up is a VERY Dangerous situation. Forgot all the details from physics class, but it is a precursor to a lightening strike!!!!!!!

Nice catch, Ken. I'm always nervous with that much electricity in the air. I guy got hit by lightning in Ludington during the recent Gander Mountain tournament. Fortunately he survived, but the boat was totally disabled and all the electronics and wiring was fryed. Good fishing.

I threaten my crews with a set of side cutters. If anyone thumbs a spool or tightens a drag, they are going to loose a finger or thumb.

I think this may need to be implemented on Team Nailer. Thanks for the advice Mike.