Jump to content

littleboat

Members
  • Posts

    1,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by littleboat

  1. Good luck, seeing any staging down in your area or have they run already? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  2. Don't know yet. I was running out to fast to mark shallow water fish. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  3. Always a easy one to miss. Coho=spots upper part of tail, flaky skin and white gums (need to zoom in on gums). Picture angle is very deceiving because of the sunlight. Two nice eaters though. Still would like to find the bigger ones?
  4. Holland am, 9-20-16 Fished 7:30-11:30, in 90-125 fow, 2/4, one coho and one laketrout. Both on same DR with different spoons. Lots of marks in 110-125 zone. Waves started as 3 ft rollers, but eventually layed down. 1st DR hit, one laker on uv blue dolphin, bk 40, south troll, in 110ft, 100ft down, ball temp 46.3, speed 2.7. 2nd DR hit, one coho on blue flounder pounder, bk 35, south troll 2.8, temp 46.8, down 78, in 122 fow. Two other lost on 270 cu with jager bomb. Spit the hook. Tim joined me today.
  5. Fished 4-8pm, 110-120fow, lots of marks,1 for 5, 3# laketrout, on uv blue dolphin, on DR, 98 dwn, in 112fow, 2.9 sog, east troll, ball temp 46.5. Other spoons that tooks hits were uv alewife (270 cu) and lemonberry (rigger). I lost them on the way to the boat. No hits on flys or jplugs. Time to sharpen the hooks again. Lake had 2-3 ft rollers which flattened out as the evening came. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
      • 3
      • Like
  6. That chopped looked miserable from the beach. Nice catch! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  7. What did they bite on? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  8. Fishing has been a little tough lately. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  9. It will probably be a little bouncy tomorrow also, if their model doesn't get itself together. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  10. Fished 7:30-11:30, 60-115fow, 1/1 small king on lemonberry spoon on rigger 75 down, in 90fow, sog 2.7, sw troll, ball temp 45. Released him back ino lake. No other hits. Forecasted waves were way off. Had 3 ft chop most of the time. Most marks were in the 45-75 ft range, very few or none deeper. Had a couple of tangles with dipsy and rigger. Strong currents today pushing them into each other. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  11. Nice catch and pics, heard you on the radio. Good looking king. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  12. Love the pics! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  13. Fished 80-125, mostly 115 fow depth. 1/1 catching a 4# coho on a caramel dolphin on 270 cu, 2.5 sog south troll in 121fow. Lots of marks, but no biters. Tim joined me again today. But the real story of day was the great help I got from two separate groups of people. My truck broke down in the dnr launch, so I couldn't retrieve my boat. A sailor named Pat, unhitched his sailboat trailer and hauled me out. (Hero #1) I believe he lives near me, so after I thanked him and I will definitely offer him some fresh catches, when I see him. (Heroes#2) Pat ("Creekerman" his handle) and Mike, brothers helped me get the boat home. I was able to thank them and give them a bunch of fish from my freezer. They had not caught any today. So those rescues I have done in the past, came back to save me. Thanks again to them and others Tim and Brad for your help also. Thanks again, Littleboat Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  14. I checked my records and this looks like the biggest one I have caught so far this year. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  15. Fished 7-9am, work inbetween potential storm, 3 ft waves, but rollers. Worked 50-95fow. 1/1-- 13.31# steelhead, on splatterback green plug, slidediver, set 3, 50 ft lead, bk 75, 2.7 sog, west troll, in 60 fow.
  16. It had eggs. Tim wanted them for river fishing steelhead. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  17. King salmon tail(added picture ) has spots over entire tail. Coho does not, just upper portion as does the one I caught. It is a tricky one to identify. If it didn't flake so much as coho usually do I would have though the same. Thanks.
  18. Closeup of spots on tail. Only upper portion not entire tail as a king would be.
  19. You played it safe. Fish another day, I always say. BIG COHO! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  20. I pulled alot little guys off my line lately also. I'm constantly checking them. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  21. Paid for you to hang in there! Nice catch. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  22. I hate those weeds! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  23. Warbler, thanks. I haven't seen a king flake like this one if it is one. Mouth color can be deceiving at times(picture angle). The tail was not full of large spots, which is typically of kings, but on the upper portion of the tail as coho. Look closely if you zoom in to the tail in the cooler. I hate that bouy that is unlit as you mentioned. I'm always on the lookout for it. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  24. Pretty flakely king don't you think? Gums were were more white/gray than black. Picture angle shows it more black than it really was. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  25. Holland am, 9-2-16 Fished 7:15-12pm, 2/7, 35-125 fow, cold water in close, lots of marks, had a couple of rips, but couldn't keep them on the hook. Moved out to 80-125 range marked fewer, again several rips, but picked up 8# laketrout and 4-1/2# coho. DR took both laketrout and coho with speckled dick meat rig. 1st one 31 dwn, in 90fow, 2.9 sog @ball, temp 48.4, west troll. 2nd one 55dwn, in 123fow, 3.0 sog @ball, temp 42.7, se troll. Lost real nice steelhead on surface bite while letting out line. 0-1 ft waves. Tim from Whitewhale joined me again today as well as a winged friend on reel.(Chickadee?)
×
×
  • Create New...