Jump to content

littleboat

Members
  • Posts

    1,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by littleboat

  1. I heard it's coming. As long as those docks stay in and the wind permits, I'll be fishing. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  2. 8 for 10, 3 keeper steelhead ( one was 10.1#) others between 6-8# and 1 king. 1 throwback king and 3 laketrout. One laketrout was probably 10-12#. But all laketrout fishing was over Oct 31 so we released them. Best depth was155-160 fow. One on DR, the rest on slide diver, 170 cu and 270 cu. Water temp 54.4 top and 53.6 bottom. Trolls were east. Spoons used: Craigs flounder, hud, yellow nbk and blueberry. Extremely thick fog from the launch to pass the harbor entrance. It came and went while we fished on the open lake also. Waves calm to 3ft on and off. Pat Murphy joined me today and it was my way of paying him and his brother for helping me out when my truck broke to pull my boat home. The fish were still biting when we had to leave. Plenty out there!
  3. Great pics! What was your coldest temp at ball depth? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  4. Fished for a just a couple of hours during same time frame. Marked very few fish. The waves made trolling not much fun. Wave report way was off. Called it a day and headed in. Parking was all fouled up with cars parked in boat trailer spaces. Called DNR holland office several days before, they could have cared less. There were alot of boaters, jet skiers, small sailboats and other fishermen that were very disturbed where to park their trailers. DNR has closed the big parking lot days earlier. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  5. Shot out in my 16-1/2 ft, crestliner "Littleboat" today looking for some brown trout. I made a single pass from the bubbler to south of the piers. The waves were 3 footers to begin with then turned into 4 footers with chop. That 1ft forecast was not even close. Needless to say I had to pack it up and head back in. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  6. Weather blew some away. Still thick at ramp.
      • 1
      • Like
  7. Fished 11-3:30pm, 2 for 3, one 7.8# laketrout and one throwback king. Port DR, laketrout, SS orange crush, 37ft dwn, in 53 fow, north troll, ball 2.6 sog, ball temp 50.8, surface temp 49 on top. Warm current on bottom?? Stb DR, small throwback king on double orange crush (DW). Probably dragged him around for a little while. 3ft waves then 3-4 ft chop. No hits on boards chop was hard on them. Also, big lot is closed as well as cleaning station. Only 13 spaces to park trailer and 7 of them are handicap. Nice to get on the lake, though a little chilly. Dress warm.
  8. Ramp weeds today and one brave soul.
      • 2
      • Like
  9. The steelhead was quite long and skinny (female) with just a few eggs. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  10. Fished 3:30-sunset, 80-165fow. 2 for 2, one steelhead 6.39# and 3.21# king, best depth 115-125 fow and 80-90. DR 1/1, king, 2.7@ball. east troll, temp 47.8, 86ft dwn, 115 fow with firefrog spoon. 8C 1/1, steelhead, east troll, 81fow with uv blue dolphin. Lake had 1ft waves which were building to 3ft. Many bait marks and alot of boats out tonight.
  11. Did you catch much rain? Good catch. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  12. Great moments with the family and friends. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  13. Fished 4-7:15 pm, 40-143 fow. Lake was beautiful. Very calm, glass like. Surface temp 60-63. Very few boats on the lake. 2 for 2, one 8.5# king and one 2# coho. King came on 270 cu with glow blue dolphin, in126fow. 2.7 sog, east troll. Coho on 150 cu, with UV Green flounder pounder, in 90 fow, east troll, 2.5 sog. I started very shallow, hoping to grab a bite with a shallow setup. I watch a steelhead porpoise in front on my boat 3 times and swim away. Then I headed out slowly to deeper water to take the hits. It was very unusual.
  14. I never seen a ms red hulk spoon. Can you attach a picture? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  15. Nice size steel! Good catch. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  16. NONE Today, marked them in 40-80 and 129-140, but no takers. From the radio chatter a few were taken by other boats. Tim joined me today. It's bad when I get six rods in the water and don't bring home fish. Had a lot of birds on the boat today. I think all the crazy weather really churned up the water and creatures. Hope this report helps someone. We went through alot of tackle trying for the catch, but it just wasn't happening for us. Lake was flat and cold 53-55 on top most of the time. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  17. Lots of weeds blocking ramps with current wind.
  18. I understand, been there. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  19. Those draggers are costly in lost catches. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  20. Fished 4:30-sunset, 60-125, best zone 75-90 fow. 4 for 6. One 9.8# coho, one smaller coho and one 8.91# steelhead. Waves were 1ft. 9.8# coho came on DR with jagerbomb in 90fow, bk 80, 35 down, east troll, 2.6 sog. Steelhead came on uv orange spoon,100cu, in 90fow, ne troll. Smaller coho came on jj macmuffin uv as rigger line was being pulled up. One very large sheephead came in 85 fow. Lost two coho/steelhead when they hit my steel slidediver with a vu green flounder pounder on it and we couldn't get them in while they were dancing on the surface. Did a close check on the large coho and found it had no tail spots at all, but the anal fin folded more then halfway to the body of the fish. Tim joined me again today. We had a great evening of fishing.
  21. Got it! I'll check on my future catches with the input I have received and try and get them better identified. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  22. Do you just look at the mouth and ignore the rest of the fish? I did that earlier this season and I was told it was a coho and those catches were no different than what you see today. So I guess I'll just call them fish. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  23. Go get 'em Pat! Glad we talked. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  24. Anal fin closeup. I count 13-15 (coho) not the 15-17(king). But I will do the fold test on the next one. I think the more information the better.
  25. Fished through channel, pulled one sheephead and a small throwback king just on the outside in 35fow. Proceeded out to 80ft and dropped lines working the area between 80-125. Went 3 for 6 with a nice 8# coho hanging on to my uv green flounder pounder. 3 other releases that spit the hook out. DR was down 99ft, on east troll, 2.6 sog, ball temp 46.8, bk 35, in 115fow. Anything I had that was uv took a hit no matter what the pattern or lure make. Waves were 2-3 feet from the south and se. Gentle rollers. Only saw 3 other boats out at depth. DRs and 270 cu took hits.
×
×
  • Create New...