Jump to content

SeaFoam

Members
  • Posts

    285
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SeaFoam

  1. Nice fish! I was out solo last night as well. Went 2-2. Fished mostly just inside the group in 120-135 FOW. Trolled in toward the end of my night into 80 FOW and pulled lines at 9:30. I wish I would have made it in to your depth! 6:45 pm: 13 lb king, rigger down 68 ft. Mag MS Green Jeans. 9:00 pm: 6 lb Steelhead, 300 WS, Mag MS Happy Meal. What didn’t work: high diver at various depths, meat rigs, lead cores. Beautiful night with calm waters and just an occasional light rain.
  2. Nice work,Ed. I tried following Ed around this morning to pick up his scraps. Didn’t work for me. LOL. I went 1-3, two hits in first 15 minutes then a nice boat ride for a couple hours. Called it at 9:00 about the time Ed started catching fish. .
  3. Fish seemed to have scattered with the flip. Hopefully we will find them later in the week when the lake lays down. Thanks for the report.
  4. Oh sorry, the dipsy fish came on a meat rig.
  5. I fished Holland solo this morning. Started out in 65 FOW, out to 90 FOW, back in to 50 FOW. 13 lb king , 50 FOW, rigger on bottom(out of temperature), ms mag green jeans 14 lb king, 42 FOW, dipsy, 3 setting, back 50 ft. Water is cold right to surface. 48 degrees , 30-35 ft down. No hits on 5 color or 7 color. Several boats fished right outside the harbor.
  6. That’s a busy 30 minutes! Good job.
  7. The blow did come up quickly and was not forecasted. Glad you made it in safely.
  8. Wow 8 or 9 hook ups! Crazytown. Thanks for the reports.
  9. What an epic run you have been on! Love your reports.
  10. Started out in 70 fow and never really left that depth. Lines in 5:30 am. Trolled south mostly. 5:45 am: 5 lb king, high diver back 100 ft, mag bloody nose. 6:00 am ish: as soon as I put the diver back down it got hit again and so did rigger with ms green jeans, and so did fullcore with mag Shelly Snack. Tripled up running solo. Managed to land all three in spite of the fact I buried the lure on the first one in the net and getting tangled with another line. Chaos. Un snapped the lure and landed the other two with the lure still in the net. Four in the boat by 6:30(5,6,7,9 lb kings). 7:00 am: miss on diver again back 100 with bloody nose 8:15 am: in search of the 5th for my limit since 6:30 am. Finally gave and up pulled lines, and of course there was a shaker(released) on the leadcore. Go figure.
  11. Can you enlighten me on the project? Magic bait balls scented to attract salmon? If so, LIKE.
  12. Filing up the freezer 2MD! What a fun outing.
  13. Stinks to lose a net but an adventure to try to land them without one. Good job getting on the fish. Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  14. 2MD slaying them before a storm. Seems like I’ve read this story before!! Great job. Nice to see a great box like this.
  15. Good work Zgrinder!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  16. Tough stuff Littleboat. Glad to hear you’re on the repair!
  17. Yeah. Seems like I haven’t been out in forever. I was running old school this morning just using the buoy for water depth temperature. My first mate (me) forgot to charge my probe.
  18. Lake was flat and temperature pleasant. Lines in a little after daybreak. 6:45 am: 5 lb king, rigger down 100 ft, 130 fow, meat rig. 8:15 am: small lake trout(released), same rigger down 105 ft, meat rig, 131 fow. Fished 120-150 fow. Marked the most fish, by far in 130 fow. Pulled lines early at 9 am due to Father’s Day plans. What didn’t work: 300 copper with various size and color spoons. No hits on flasher flys.
×
×
  • Create New...