Jump to content

SeaFoam

Members
  • Posts

    285
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SeaFoam

  1. Wow! Slaying them!! Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  2. Haha! I keep seeing Littleboat with the bloody nose success! I had to try it again. Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  3. FBD: I caught my 5 th, and before I could get it out of the net and pull my lines the next one hit. Immediately released and pulled all lines. The bite was furious this morning. Totally agree with you though. I am not a bend the rules guy.
  4. I only trolled south. Looks like Littleboat trolled north and limited too. I think the fish were just hungry. Might have been the unstable weather which I think has an effect on the bite.
  5. Great job Ed. What a morning it was! Fish were hungry today!
  6. Fished 5:45 am - 7:45 am, ended up 7-7, solo limit with two released. 1. 6:30 am, 110 fow, rigger down 75 ft, bloody nose mag, 6 lb king 2-4: 7:00am, switched out one rigger to meat rig, it got immediately hit, and so did my other two lines. Tripled up running solo. What a blast. Was able to land all three. 2. 18 lb king, 111 FOW, rigger down 100 ft, meat rig. Kept this pole in my hand 3. 9 lb king, #2 of triple, 111 fow, rigger down 75 ft, bloody nose again. Kept this pole in holder and reeled it occasionally when fighting the 18 lb fish. Stayed hooked up and landed it 4. Small king, #3 of triple, 111 FOW, 300 copper, green jeans, could tell it was the smallest of the three so I adjusted the drag to slowly peel out while fighting the other two fish. Released 5. 7:20 am, 13 lb king, same meat rig on rigger down, 100 ft in 112 fow 6. 7:30 am, other rigger now with meat rig down 100 ft in 111 fow , 10 lb king 7. 7:45 ish, opposite rigger again down 100 ft in 111 fow, had to release it, 5-6 lb steelhead Talked to Littleboat on the way in. We both had a fun morning.
  7. What a night is right! Beautiful big kings make it worth it. Your angling skills beat the high seas!! Your smile in the picture with the huge fish says it all. Speaking of losing the whole rig… I fished two ninja boards out of the lake yesterday morning. He had his name and number smartly on the boards. When I contacted him he told me he “had to make decisions” when they started taking on water and he headed straight in spooling some reels and losing a 300 copper setup including the rod and reel. He said there are a couple more boards out there. If someone sees them be aware he would like his rod and reel back. I can share his number if he is so lucky. Be safe.
  8. 2MD: lol. It’s a small cooler that fits under a seat!
  9. That’s a lot of wind direction options JDH! One might be right. Lol
  10. Nice box of kings Lef T!
  11. Good work guys. I went out this morning as well. Pretty similar results. Solo Holland 7/21 am 2-4 6:00 am, 15 lb king, rigger down 60 ft in 100 FOW, mag ms green jeans 6:35 am, miss, same rigger down 60, 120 FOW, same spoon 7:00 am, 5 lb coho, dipsy 3 setting back 150 ft, 95 fow, mag ms happy meal 7:15 am, smaller king lost at boat, rigger down 75 ft, meat rig Went out to 150 fow, pretty sporty out there. Called it at 8:30. Talked to a guy at the cleaning station who had 6 nice kings. Said he fished 90-120 fow but just 35 ft down took the hits all early in the day.
  12. Wow!! Nice fish. Looks like the spoons were hot.
  13. Great job! That’s some fun chaos! Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  14. Nice action for 3 poles! Hope to get out soon after family events. Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  15. Went out for a pleasure boat ride with family late morning. Talked to two boats coming in that both had good luck in 90 FOW. Just like you said Ed. Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  16. Definition of an expert fisherman(2MD): 12 hits in a couple of hours and he wonders if the fishing was better in deeper water. Love it.
  17. Oh man. Having the tangled lines stinks but losing an hour of prime time, like you said, makes it worse. Sounds like you were an expert at getting the lines cleared though. Nice job going 2-4 with all that to deal with this morning. I went out with my son and went 3-3 this morning. Fished 5:50-8:45 am 1. 6:05am, 10 lb king, full core, RV MS Green jean(the bent one) , 83 FOW, was a mad king that took quite a while to land. It hit before we had the other lines out so we lost a half hour or so getting it landed and deploying other lines 2. 7:00 am, 8 lb king, 75 FOW, dipsy, 3 setting back 150 ft. Meat rig 3. 8:30 am, 8 lb king, 65 FOW, full core again with same battered spoon. Called it at 8:45am. Buoy said 1.2-1.5 ft , it was all of that. Thanks to 2MD for getting us in the right depth to start the day.
  18. Another nice outing 2MD! Way to find them.
  19. I think meat rigs will be in most sets based on your results last night!
  20. JDH making it happen. Impressive memory with that list of offerings. Thanks for the detailed reports. Very helpful.
  21. Beautiful!!! Nice work with the meat rigs. Have to love the pre storm bites. You’ve nailed it twice in last week or so. Love it.
  22. Lines in 5:45 am, waves 1 ft or less. Fished 85-135 FOW 6:05 am: 110 FOW, Miss, didn’t seem too big, rigger down 60 ft, Mag MS Green jeans 7:00 am: 100 FOW, 16 lb King, 10 color leadcore, Mag RV MS Green Jeans that was bent from a fish last year. The bend seems to give it better action. 8:30 am: 93 FOW, 13 lb King, 10 color again with same bent Mag RV Green jeans No hits on 300 WS with assorted flasher flies Pulled lines at 9 am. Beautiful morning.
  23. Glad you got two. I went 0-1 in the morning yesterday. Green flounder pounder has been hot for me all season. I keep seeing reports for bloody nose success. I’ve yet to land a fish with it the last month. LOL. Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman
  24. Welcome to the board,Billy! You did better than me this morning. I had one hit that I lost it half way to the boat. Sure was a beautiful morning though.
×
×
  • Create New...