AuGres Eyes and the Gumpy Old Men

It was just beautiful on the bay today, but we were well on our way to getting skunked. We started in our 32 FOW but marked nothing, and got nothing. The mayfly hatch is in full swing, and the fish are high feeding on them. We didn't mark any because they were probably just under the boat. We did shallow up a touch and ran our 2 0Z B.B. with harnesses 8 ft down, @ 1.5 MPH GPS. The 8 ft down is not a typo. I don't think I ever run 2 oz weights 8 ft down in all my years of fishing. Surf and Turf, JWheeler, Big Jack and I went on to get 15 walleye to finish up somewhat respectable. 10 of those walleye came in about and hrs time. Sometimes you have to think outside the box to fill the box. Big Jack and I are the grumpy old men. It was a great pleasure to have J Wheeler, Surf and Turf (MS), and Big Jack onboard. Us two old dogs had some young pups to growl at.:lol: J Wheeler Big Jack and Gary aka Surf and Turf get a bigs Thumbs up from me. The two younger guys could move like cats on the back of Priority1. All I had to do was growl once in awhile and they were on it.:lol: Gitter Done.

Thanks for the great day. Good thinking on going to a different tactic, who would'a thunk it??? Not me, but it sure did work. Nice to be on a boat with three others that can work a boat. Great day, thanks so much. Can't wait to get back up and do it again.....

How much line did you have out with the 2oz Dive Bomb? I am thinking you may have been a lot deeper than 8'.

Negative on the Dive Bombs, I was running 2 Ounce Bouncers exactly 8 ft behind or under the boards. There is a misconception that bouncers have to bounce or tick bottom. Just another tool to put it in their face.:) I know the Dive Bombs will work on the eyes, but I keep going with what I know, the KISS method. One of these days I'll do some Dive Bombing, but in the meantime "why kick a winning dog?".:)

Thanks for the great day. Good thinking on going to a different tactic, who would'a thunk it??? Not me, but it sure did work. Nice to be on a boat with three others that can work a boat. Great day, thanks so much. Can't wait to get back up and do it again.....

Your welcome Jason. I owed you a trip from last yr. Thank you for helping on the back of the boat.:)

Negative on the Dive Bombs, I was running 2 Ounce Bouncers exactly 8 ft behind or under the boards. There is a misconception that bouncers have to bounce or tick bottom. Just another tool to put it in their face.:) I know the Dive Bombs will work on the eyes, but I keep going with what I know, the KISS method. One of these days I'll do some Dive Bombing, but in the meantime "why kick a winning dog?".:)

I must have Dive Bombs on the brain. :confused: I reread your post and do not see them mentioned. :grin: