Muskegon 6/22 - 9 for 11(12 maybe)

We got an early start today. I put a full assortment of Michigan Stinger NITROs on before I went to bed last night. We left the dock at about 3:50am, and headed out. We shut down and 93FOW, and I put the boat on an East troll with the waves, and handed the wheel over to a first time salmon fisherman(my nephew). The surface temp was 68deg , and it was 50 deg at 70' down.

We got into 80FOW before we had all 12 rods in the water. As soon as the 12th rod was set, we spun the boat around and headed toward deeper water.

Our first rod went at 5:20 and was 6 color core with a NITRO Snowsnake. This ended up being a small king around 4 or 5 lbs. I reset this rod and it went again at 5:30am. This time is was a steelhead around 4 or 5 lbs.

By now we had hit 130FOW, and put the boat on a North troll. Around 6:30 I began swapping the rigger rods out with our day light spread. I had just finished resetting the second rigger, when the first one fired. The rigger was set at 77' and the fish hit a Stinger NBK on a fixed slider 10' above the ball.

From here, the times and baits become a blur. I need to find my voice recorder so I can keep better track.

I was getting ready to change the tail gunner(2 core with a 4oz dive bomb down the chute with 400' of line out), when it went. This was a NITRO Wonderbread. This was another small king. Decission time....its daylight.....do you put the NITRO Wonderbread back out, or do you switch to the day light spoon you were going to put down? I swapped to the new spoon. We never took another hit on the tail gunner. This may have been the color selection of the bait we put on.

We caught one king on and Protroll Hotchip 11, double white with a Siggs Rigs Bluegreen Aqua Crinkle tropy fly.

I watched the center rigger take a hit and did not release. The rigger was set at 120'. This was on a Magnum Blue Machine. How did I know it took a hit? 30 minutes later, I pulled the rigger, and there was no spoon or swivel. Wouldn't you know it....that was the only blue machine I had. :mad:

We caught a small shaker on a 2 color with a Stingray Killer Tangerine. We released this fish to grow some more.

We took another fish on a Stingray Size Kevorkian on a rigger set at 120'.

We took one king on a NBK on a half core with a 4oz dive bomb.

Our lake trout came on a Stingray size Green Dolphin.

My sons went with us. The girl in the photo did not go with us. She is the daughter of the other person who went with us. My boat is slipped 4 boats down from his. He did not know my sons were on board, or she would have came with us.

salmon_501826.jpg

We had a couple of fish come unbuttoned. Unfortunately, I do not remember what they hit. :confused:

Here is something I thougth was pretty cool. I picked up 2 new rods this week.(Thanks Frank!) Anyways.....after my oldest son finally woke up, he wanted one of them put out. Both rods are rigged with 15lb mono. I pulled the tail gunner, and put out this new rod with a 4oz dive bomb. My son stood next to this rod for 20 minutes waiting for a fish to bite.

Unfortunately it got really dark to the West and we pulled lines around 9:30am to head in.

Next time I will put both of the new rods out with dive bombs and get him a fish one of the new rods.

Most of our fish came in the 130-150FOW range. 1/2 core, down to 120' caught fish. Core, riggers, and a wire diver took fish today.