Luna Pier Saturday

Had a good day on Erie yesterday fishing on my buddies boat. 5 of us got 25 walleyes, the size is getting real nice from the big year class we have been fishing the last couple years. We started in close in 16 feet of water with a spread of thundersticks on one board, spoons and big jon mini diver disks on the other board, 2 riggers and two regular divers(no rings) with spoons. It was a white bass attack in close and we got 4 or 5 white bass for every walleye. All the walleyes were coming on spoons so we switched over the other boards to all spoons and mini divers. Our leads were 35 to 40 ft. Later we streched some leads out from 70 to 90 ft and fish cames on all of them. We put it on a northeast troll and worked out to 20 feet of water. We got out of the heavy concentrations of white bass and started hitting more walleyes. It was a steady pick after that with only a couple doubles for the day. We just kept taking an out troll and then a in troll until we finished our limit. The big divers and riggers were also hitting fish. We had the big divers set on 3 out 35 and 40 ft and we kept the riggers just off the bottom from 15 to 19 down depending on the water depth we were over. We used stinger scorpions, mini-streaks and small yecks. Purples and pink colors were best. Blueberry muffin was very steady. All copper backs. Hope I can get out tomorrow if it doesn't storm. Good luck!

EdB , Nice job. ! !

I fished here in Mentor, Ohio, 20 miles East of Cleveland for four (4) hrs. yesterday, ended the day with one (1) hook up that came undone, and one small silver bass.

Fished from 15 -35 fow. Guess it;s a might too early here yet. Will get out again mid week.

Shu9265, I'm sure you'll be tearing up your way soon when those fish vacate Mi waters and head east. Now's the time on our end of the lake.

I left my camera at home but one of the guys took some pics on a throw away, not sure if it was digital or film. I usually save those cheeks but the cleaning station had a line up and everyone wanted to get home so we all grabbed a knife and whacked them as fast as we could. The frying pan will be sizzling soon.