spinning reel for walleye

I'm heading up to Canada to fish Dog Lake near Missinabee. I'm looking to buy a new spinning reel for less than $100 that would handle walleye and pike. I am planning on using 6-8 lb fireline. Any recommendation of a decent reel for that application? What rod would you combine that with. I've heard the shimano spirex are nice and the Abu Garcia Cardinal 500. I don't know much about any of them so a little advice would be greatly appreciated.

pflueger all the way. I switched from abu garcias two years ago and there is a big difference in how they are made and you will notice it. My father and law and I spend most of end of may and june chasing eyes after the spring salmon bite slows down a bit.

I like the pflueger reels as well. TRION GX-7 reel with 7 bearings. PFGSXP 66 2M rod. 2pc, medium action IM-8 graphite rod. Bought mine as a combo for under $100 taxes included. Absolutely no regrets.

I fish the Boundary Waters Canoe area every year first of June. I have taken a Shimano Spriex rear drag the last two years I also have a Shimano Sedona rear drag taht works almost as well at a fraction of the price. I like these because I can switch the drag when fishing so many differnt species in a trip Walleye, Lake Trout, Smallmouth, and of course Northerns. The Plueger are also hard to beat for the price.