Where's the leak?

I have been trying to find the source of a leak on the motor trim and I can't seem to do so. It leaks about a pint every month regardless how much I put the motor up and down. It isn't coming from the resevoir I fill or any of the outside lines. The pool ends up under the block with the water. This is a 1972 Starcraft Holiday, the motor is a 120 Mercruiser I/O.

Any ideas? :confused:

It sounds like to me it is comming out of the engine belive it or not. If you are buring oil when you run your engine the only place it has to go is our the exhaust. It might be so little amount of oil that you wont notice it on the dip stick. Either valve out of adjustment or bad or it could be blowing oil by the rings. Look at your spark plugs and make sure they are not black. if they are then there is where I would start. Oil will build up around the lower unit and pool up in the water and a small amount looks huge when slicked on the water.

Go to your local parts store & buy a bottle of transmission dye & pour a small amount in the resovior the leak will then be detectable with a black light or maybe even the light you use to charge your glow lures with . The fluid will look yellowish. Then you should be able to find the source of the leak.