steelies

I have been trying to get into some steelies and have not been having very much luck. I was wondering if someone would be will to share some favorit lures. Any info would be great. Thanks Rob

if the water is cold {below 50}on the surface i like to run org. colerd spoons or small body baits like brad thin fish or hot and tots on short lead cores and hi line way out to the side on plainer boards and if the water is warm run the same baits on free sliders on the riggers hpoe this helps

Everything Dirty Dog said and ill add a couple more that have been working for me lately and last yr. 5 and 7 color cores w/ Silver Streak Mag. Green Dolphin with silver or Glo back, Fuzzy Bear Mag. Glo Green Dolphin, Dreamweaver Lemon Ice, Stinger Blue Bubble, and gander makes a orange and chart. spoon called shockey awe. The orange /black thin fins use to be my favorite but now its Green Dolphin spoons. If you do get some thin fins change the split rings and hooks ive lost a few fish to them straightening out. Good Luck.

The other week we took steelies on NBK's and a green/white/yellow/bloody nose Magna Dyne spoon. If they're around they'll hit a lot of different spoons and baits, just have to find them. Listen to Sea-Mac, he caught a monster the other week.

Deep water is a good place to start. Get a surface water temp map of the area your fishing, look for big temp breaks, this will give a place to start. Look for scumlines on the water, foam and all kinds of crap floating in it. Warrior spoons Double Orange Crush, and Court Jester have been hot for us as well as Streaks Orange Crush and Malibu Barbie. Speed is the key with your highlines 3.5 to 4.0 on the fishfinder or gps. Good Luck!. Daddyo

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to be fishing out of Whitehall Fri,Sat,Sunday. So I will give some of these lures a try. I am going to head out deep after I pick up my kings.