Gas leaks

Fish On,

I had a problem with my boat last weekend with my sending unite gasket leaking and it must of been leaking for a long time and I didn't know it till I took the floor apart. Well I put a new gasket on with a new sending unite and I still smell gas pretty bad and allmost gets you sick and give you a headach out fishing. I pretty sure I must have a gas film all on the bottom of my boat by now and wondered if there was some kind of stuff I can dump on the bottom of the boat and fill up with some water and take off down the road and swish it all around. Please let me know if you can help me out so I can take care of this gas smell.

Thanks,

Caznik :stinker:

Rich,

Try some Blue Dawn Dish Detergent. It would be a good time to swab your deck with a strong mix of this stuff and water, and let it drain into the bilge. Keep the plug in, and pump off. Fill the bilge up as much as possible and let this mix set for an hour or two, then drain. The original Dawn has a distinct clean smell and cuts petroleum stuff well.

Frank

Frank hit the nail on the head. A good dishsoap with detergent is about the best thing as this happend to my dads old Sea Eagle back in the early 80's and dawn was the only thing that broke it up. You can use a degreaser but use caution as most degreasers are corrosive to Aluminum. It will say on the lable is it is or is not.

I feel like I am being bashed for the first time on this site.

Cazzzzzz:cool:

Not bashing. I am just trying to take out the competition in the West Michigan Fishing League :D

GLFs reply about a match in Cazz's boat has to be considered FLAMING.

As Posted by GLF "There is a ZERO tolerance for flaming."

What else could this be???? A match & gasoline will result in FLAMING.:lol:

You are guilty Mike.:)

GLFs reply about a match in Cazz's boat has to be considered FLAMING.

As Posted by GLF "There is a ZERO tolerance for flaming."

What else could this be???? A match & gasoline will result in FLAMING.:lol:

You are guilty Mike.:)

I am guilty. :o:rolleyes::o