West Michigan's Fishing League's Pre Fishing Fun Tournament

Port Sheldon: June 23rd

Hello Member's,

Well I have decided to start some pre fishing tournaments for anyone that like to join in the fun. You do not have to be signed up for any of the fishing leagues at all, any member's off the site is welcome to join in on the fun. I know alot of us that are in the fishing league like to pre fish it anytime they can and as long as I am going to be there on Sunday, I might as well and go Saturday to and spend the night there and try and get two days of fishing in while I am there. I have permision to have my weigh ins at the Gold Coast takle shop in Port Sheldon and they have also gave all of us permision to clean our fish there to. All I ask is to help in on the clean up after everyone is all done cleaning there fish. I would like for everyone that like to clean there fish there is to bleed out there fish so it doesn't make a mess there. Bleeding out your fish makes it alot cleaner to clean your fish also. The only fish that will not be blead out will be your biggest fish. If you cannot bleed out your fish I'd rather not have you clean your fish there. Ok members the rules are going to be very simple and fun for all my pre fishing fun tournaments.

Here is the rule's:

1- You can fish with as many rods as you like to.

2- Weigh in your biggest fish that you happen to catch that day.

3- Fishing starts anytime you can get at port Sheldon Saturday morning. Fishing will end at 1pm on Saturday afternoon.

4- Weigh in will be at the Gold Coast takle shop at 2pm.

5- The no cull rule is up to you. As a sportsman you do know what is the right thing to do. I do not want to see no dead fish thrown back at all. All fish I like to have blead out if you can to make easier fish cleaning at the weigh in.

6- The cost is simple and cheap: Every captain that like to get in this pre fishing fun tournament must buy one nitro glow stinger stingray from Gold coast takle shop. As soon as I figure out how many like to do this I will call up the owner at Gold Coast and she will make an order of lures for us. You cannot buy from anywheres else but Gold Coast tackle shop.

7- The winner with the biggest fish will receive all the nitro stinger stingrays as the prize for first place.

8- Now this is just a fun tournament event, so I hope that everyone will just have a good time fishing with each other. Our channel that everyone will be on will be 72 on the marine raidio.

9- One more thing: I am not reliable for anyone getting injurged for you and your crew, also not reliable for any damage that ever happened to happen at the DNR launch or Gold Coast takle shop if there was the case. All captains must have there own insurance for there boat and crew must all understand this rule. Just trying this so I do not have to have anyone sign a waiver.

Good luck and hope that you will try this fun pre fishing tournament.

Caznik

Please sign up here:

There is one more thing,

I like to have a cook out after the weigh in. So bring your own food you like to eat for yourself and your crew and bring a grill if you can if you need to. also bring a folding chair and we can talk about what happened that day out fishing and get to know some new members if any like to join in. This is just a great way to get to know everyone that fishes in this event.

Thanks again,

Rich

We will be fishing there saturday weather permitting. Rdfishin you want to join us on saturday morning june 23rd?

So Mike what do you think about having this now. I think it will be alot of fun and everyone just go out fishing and catch the biggest fish and weigh it. Its pretty cheap to get into this event don't you say.

Rich :D

Yes good call Rich. I kno i was planning on pre fishing anyways and helping out or getting help from others to cover more water to figure the fish out is a bonus. Great idea on the big fish prize to. Congradulations to you and your daughters as well.

sign me up .if you need aplace to clean i live 5 min away phil

And then the guy that allways gets his limit in a matter of a couple hours no matter what rings in, the one guy i kno that doesnt need to prefish it. Thats ok Phil i think i can get you for biggest fish.:rolleyes:

sign me up .if you need aplace to clean i live 5 min away phil

Phil,

We allready have a place to clean the fish. We need a big yard so we can get a place to camp out and sleep....:D

My plans are to sleep in my truck at the launch..:confused:

Captains list:

1- Caznik

2- Sea- Mac

3- Plumkrazy

4- Dirty Dog

5- Dv8or

6- Paulywood

7- the8point

Ok guys now I may have a problem with this. Just tonight when I went to work they just started us on Saturdays. If I have to work Saturday for this event I will not be able to make it. So that week of this event I will know if I have to work on Saturday on June 21st. That is on a Thursday and if that is the case that I do have to work that Saturday then I will have to change the time to 3pm till 9pm. So I hope that will still work for you. I will let everyone know soons I find out that if I do have to work or not that Saturday.

So here is the plans:

No work Saturday- Saturday morning till 1pm

If I work Saturday- 3pm till 9pm

6- The cost is simple and cheap: Every captain that like to get in this pre fishing fun tournament must buy one nitro glow stinger stingray from Gold coast takle shop. As soon as I figure out how many like to do this I will call up the owner at Gold Coast and she will make an order of lures for us. You cannot buy from anywheres else but Gold Coast tackle shop.

What time does Gold Coast open in the moring? I take it these have to be paid for when we come back in?

What time does Gold Coast open in the moring? I take it these have to be paid for when we come back in?

Yes,

When you come in for the weigh in then you go in the store and get your stinger spoon. If I have to work Saturday then you will have to get your lure before you go out fishing in the afternoon. Gold coats and I have a agreement if it happens to get canceled that they will just put the lures on there shelf to be sold. Otherwise as soon as I find out how many boats are in it then I have to call up gold coast to let them know how many they have to order. You can only buy your Stinger lures at Gold Coast because they are letting us have the weigh in there and clean fish there also.

Rich

Who picks the colors of the spoons?

Gold coast is going to make an order of them. I don't know what is hot or what is not. If you know maybe I can let them know what and try and get. Otherwise I was just going to have them pickem out.

Rich

Mike,

I was just going to have Gold Coast pick out whatever spoons they like to get. I just got off the phone with Rob at Mich. Stinger and he told me what has been the hot nitros.

I will have Gold coast get;

Twister

blue moon

Et

blue wonder bread

green fireball

nitro pox

area 51

They will be at the counter and you just have to ask to buy one of the lures saved for the pre fishing tournament.

Rich

Ps; The more fishermen then i can get probly one of each of them