New to the site

Hey Everyone,

My name is John Howe and I recently joined GLF. I've been fishing on the great lakes for almost 20 years now, and I still learn something new every trip out. My home port is St. Joseph where I was born and raised. I have my degree from LSSU in fisheries and wildlife management and 2 years ago I received my 100 gross ton Master Captain's license. I hope to be on the water this year chartering my own boat, but as of right now I am still waiting for it to pass the DNR inspection. You can also find me working the lines on the back of Sportboat Charters, where I first mate for Capt. Levi Sanders

My boat (SHADES), is a 1984 28' Baha Cruisers twin engine with a 10' beam. She's gettin old, and by no means is the fastest boat in the fleet, but it's very well set up for trout/salmon fishing with lots of room to move about.

I enjoy passing on the tricks I have learned over the years that have helped me to become a better fisherman, so don't hesitate to shoot me an e-mail with any questions you might have, I just might have an answer.

See you on the water! Capt. John Howe

Welcome to GLF John. I love to have charter captains and seasoned vets as members. When questions come up, there are experienced people around to answer them. If you need anything, just give a yell.

Capt. John (Shades),

It's about time you showed up. You will be a great asset to the site for sure. Your fishing prowess is indeed impressive. Anyone who has fished with you knows what I mean.

Did any of you know that John was part of the team sittin in second at the South Haven tourney last year after day one and was just barely edged into third on the second day by Best Chance? And he is a co-founder and member in good standing in the Brotherhood of the Salmon St. Joe Chapter.;)

I can't wait to put the hurts to some fish this season Bro!