Started around 9am. Unfortunately it was 2-4’ waves so we just trolled around with one line till about 11am when it calmed down and we were able to fish all 6. In about 2 hours we went 2/2 on browns. No real marks near the piers but between 30-40 fow within half mile north and south of the piers there were tons of marks. Both came on UV DW SS spoons 5 colors. Used my new ninja boards which pull great but couldn’t really tell when a fish was on. All my short colors are Penn 320’s and I love them but they’re old and need servicing, does anyone know of a good place to send them?

IMG_6098.JPGIMG_9847.JPG

Trophy 1802 out of Holland

• Like 1

Good work! I dropped off 6 reels at Tackle Haven to get upgraded drags. They work with mascot reels. First time I’ve done it so not sure how it will work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice brown you have there!

I have a number of Penn 320's and 330's in my arsenal.  They are not hard to service yourself if you wish to give it a go.  There is a small spring that you need to keep an eye on as it can easily get lost.  Parts at a fair price are available at Mystic Reel Parts.  The video below by Dennis of Second Chance Tackle provides good instruction on how to service the drags.  There are two schools of thought on drag washers, whether to put a small amount of grease on them or not.  I am in the camp of using a bit of grease to prevent the binding of the washers (there are 5).  Before I started to service reels myself, I sent all my gear to Tuna Tom.  They do excellent work and give you back the parts they replace.

https://www.google.com/search?q=penn+320+drag+replacement&client=opera&hs=KFo&sca_esv=598597704&ei=rlOlZe3dBcWH0PEPr4KR2Ak&ved=0ahUKEwjt7OyA39-DAxXFAzQIHS9BBJsQ4dUDCBE&uact=5&oq=penn+320+drag+replacement&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiGXBlbm4gMzIwIGRyYWcgcmVwbGFjZW1lbnQyCBAhGKABGMMEMggQIRigARjDBDIIECEYoAEYwwQyCBAhGKABGMMESMgXUKkIWM0QcAF4AZABAJgBhAGgAcUDqgEDMC40uAEDyAEA-AEBwgIKEAAYRxjWBBiwA8ICCBAAGB4YDRgPwgIIEAAYCBgeGA3CAgsQABiABBiKBRiGA8ICChAhGAoYoAEYwwTiAwQYACBBiAYBkAYI&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:76ebdacf,vid:Kx5K23SlEl8,st:0

• Like 1

Second Mystic.  Did my 309’s myself.  Also greased the drags.

Back off the drags when storing the reels.

Work over a cookie sheet.  I remember an incredibly small spring and pawl falling out only way I knew where to put it back was the grime was missing where it was…