First trip of the season to work the bugs out of the boat and the kinks out of the bones. Dennis Smith my buddy got 3 browns and I only got 1. We ended the day 4 for 8. Trolled the shallows with stickbaits and couldn't get much to fire so we switched to spoons in 12-15 fow. Action for us was pretty slow but we spoke to guys at the dock who said they hammered them. We must have been in the wrong place at the right time to get our 4. We did have some others on, but murphy's law prevailed. I missed the first one of the day. I think it was a steelhead cause it jumped & I didn't see it due to reaching back to steer the boat off the breakwall & my buddy was watching me trying to hold the pole and steer the boat. We did hear the splash & saw where it jumped and saw the splash rings. It was 6 ft. from the boat when it rolled and the hook came out. It was at least 1/4 length larger than the Brown I'm holding. All in all it was great to get out on the water. Spring has sprung.

dcp_0608.jpg

Thanks Reel Screamer, it was so good to be out on the water again. I didn't care if I caught any fish, I was just glad to enjoy the outdoors with a good friend. It doesn't get much better than this.

That's great Frank, I hope you have good weather.

For Browns, we targeted 10-15 fow & only got 4 out of 8 hits. The guys that did a lot better were in 6-8 fow with 180-200' of line out, but they said they had a lot of hang-ups. Be prepared to lose stuff if you go that shallow.

Good luck on the water this year Frank. The secret weapon: :SisterSledge:

This time of year the small boats shine. I don't like to fish in less than 10 FOW. Where I fish water depths can change fast. It's not too bad when you go from 10 FOW to 5 FOW, but if you go from 6 FOW to 2 FOW OUCH.

Ya wanna trade? :D