Started the afternoon at 3pm. On our way out we stopped in 80 fow and just started looking for marks and got out to 100 fow with very few marks. Powered out to 130fow and set lines on a SE heading and slowly worked our way into 90fow with nothing but a rip. Worked our way out to 130fow again (about an hour before sunset at this point) and finally started taking hits. Took 3 fish by sunset (lake trout, small king, and a decent size steelhead). All hits were taken below 60' down with no real pattern. Heard of a guy who went all the way out to 160 with no luck. Most people had luck in the 130-140 fow range. Wave forecast was definitely off so I decided to not fish the moonlight in my little 16' deep V. Hopefully all the big kings aren't all in the river at this point because I'd like to get a chance at them again this week. Overall, it was better than an evening at work. IMG_1473999067.208431.thumb.jpg.f2502c73IMG_1473999076.904064.thumb.jpg.9ff8b562

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

• Like 7

Yeah I don't mind trolling, it's the whole blasting into them in the dark that gets me. The rivers down here seem to be empty and everyone fished 80-160 last night with not too much luck. I'm confused at where the matures are all at.

Yeah I don't mind trolling, it's the whole blasting into them in the dark that gets me. The rivers down here seem to be empty and everyone fished 80-160 last night with not too much luck. I'm confused at where the matures are all at.

If I had to bet I'd guess they're sitting in the 70deg water at the pier heads with lockjaw waiting for the river temps to cool down a bit more. I did hear Muskegon lake fished well the last few days or so, I've just been too busy with other things to make it out. No north winds forecasted this week so it will continue to be a slow run for kings down here I bet.