Fished south haven this morning and caught the last two kings in the lake. 1/2 dozen lakers to boot.

Went 10-14. Had to toss the last laker back along with a small coho. Fished north of pier. 60-90 ft of water. North-northwest troll was best.

Pink alewife spoon on 200 cu took the big King, green uv spin doctor/meat rig on 150 cu took the other.  One laker came on DR/SWR with uv blue dolphin, but most hit on a pearl uv dodger/matching spin & glow. DRs were up and down to keep within 5 - 10 ft of the bottom.  Had a hard time keeping a small jäger bomb spoon on on a full core in the water. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

That's a nice stack of "grease".  I was planning to head W/NW but a few too many boats for me, since I was solo, so I ducked W/SW. and open water.

If you did in fact catch the last two Kings in the lake, guess I'll have to develop a laker program.

Did you clear the river about 0830hrs.  The guy in the stringer picture looked familiar ?

Martin

No Martin, we were on the water about 6:30. I hear you on the laker program. This is the first year I have ever intentionally targeted lake trout. I picked up a 1/2 dozen dodger/spin & glow setups at the swap meet in south haven this spring. They seem to work. 

Sea Eagle - We actually talked to you back at the fish cleaning station. We were the guys in the little 17' Deep V Tracker. Thanks for sharing here and also for the conversation at the fish cleaning station. Was nice to see a big king in person again. It has been a minute since I have seen one! Tight Lines Guys!