Launched at 5:40.  Only trailer in the lot.  Heard about the deep coho bite so ran out there and set lines at 6:20 in 170 fow worked out to 200 in a 1-2 foot chop.  Picked up and ran out to 250 and worked my way back into 220.  Nothing.  Picked up and tried the river water in front of Saugatuck at 9am.  A few marks but no takers after a few passes.  Started in towards the beach and picked up an 8lb laker in 35 fow on a spoon near bottom.  Threw him back.  Popped a 6 lb colored up buck brown about halfway to Holland 50  feet off the beach on a J7 brown trout colored rap.  Wind switched to SW then died down around 11am and the lake went flat so I ran back out to 160 and trolled around there picking up one ho on a spoon down 100.  Ran paddles and flashers all day with no takers.

Dirty water in front of Saugy was 47.

Beach temps were 44-45

Anything past 150 fow was 40 degrees. 

Nice day on the water.  Very few boats

.13043230_10209673748747427_6428821210087

• Like 5

4 hours ago, littleboat said:

Nice picture of the brown. Congrats on the catches. You certainly covered alot of water. How big is your boat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

It's a 22 Islander.  One of the reasons I like to go solo every once in a while.  If I'm not feeling it in a spot I can pick up quick and try something different. My goal was kings and browns.  Should have hit the river water first, ran the beach, and then chased after the deep fish but the thought of quick tasty coho kept dancing in my head as I was assuming the seas would get worse as the day went on.  Spent  4 hours running the same program as other succesful guys out there but couldnt find the fish.