Spiney water fleas

I've fished Frankfort and charlevoix so far tbis summer and those spiney fleas are just awful this year. Not as bad at charlevoix as Frankfort but they are even a different color than they have been in years past. And are harder to get off the line when bringing in a fish. Plus they are even getting on my mono dipsies.

Has anyone else had a problem with them? I'm wodering why they are tougher?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

frankfort had a few last time i was out which was on the 4th of july. Just fished ludington on the 10th and the were clogging up the braid on out slide divers and the fish we caught on the riggers clogged the mono up terrible. Water temps on shore on or above 70 degrees really makes these things a treat.

I never needed to use it before. But like I said they are hard to get off the line. Usually I would just put the rod down in water and give it a good upward jerk and the fleas would come off.

cortland is no longer makeing the flea flicker line and i dont think anyone else is. what a pain:mad:

Blood Run started making Sea Flee line two seasons ago, and it has been very successful. Particularly in Lake O and Finger Lakes which have the worst fleas on the planet.

The Outdoorsmen Pro Shop in Jenison is the only local dealer that has this in stock in Michigan.

Clear and Niagara Green color...30lb test. And it is round, not oblong shaped like Flee Flicker was..

http://instagram.com/p/qXh8x8nlV7/?modal=true

I haven't seen any in Ludington so far, and that's because winds have switched around quite a bit. The SW wind now should bring icy temps to the surface real soon, if not already. Absolutely, Flea Flickr was/is the premiere line for this, or it was. Is there a new name for these pesky new type fleas & where do they originate at/color of them too?

I haven't seen any in Ludington so far, and that's because winds have switched around quite a bit. The SW wind now should bring icy temps to the surface real soon, if not already. Absolutely, Flea Flickr was/is the premiere line for this, or it was. Is there a new name for these pesky new type fleas & where do they originate at/color of them too?

how does a sw wind bring icy cold water to ludington ? wouldnt it blow the warmer water from the sw corner of the lake to the western shore of mi ?

$19 for 300 yards wrap the line 10 times ( i use blacks release) just as much of a pia then slapping the rod on the water like someone else mentionend

Grant, it is not about how easy it is to slap them off after you have 15 yards of rope on your line. It is about avoiding them in the first place, so you don't have 15 yards of rope on your line, tripping your releases, extensive blow back, clogging up your line guides so you cant reel your fish in, rolling onto your reel and creating weak spots in your regular mono (flea acid) and coming up into the boat and staining your fiberglass.

There is a huge band of fleas 30-40 feet down off Holland right now. We ran our Sea Flee against regular mono. Regular mono was yards of rope, Sea Flee was and inch or two of thin collection near the swivel.

gm, there was 42 degree water outside, a 23 degree break over 65 inside, a few days ago that would get in the mix inside is what I meant. 13 for 17 fish in 1-1/2 hours was pretty good less than 7 miles out yesterday, instead of 15 miles out late last week. Yes, you are correct, the southern water that comes after the blow will mix in later, but, not right away. Time is a relative factor in my equation sir. Getting back to the thread, I've not seen any fleas up here yet, and I feel they are probably confined to a relatively small area of water. Keep an eye on the Michigan Seacoast satellite images for current info. on surface temps.. Thanks.

thanks rascal yes i have been watching the charts glad you dont have the fleas maybe the ones we have now are worse then the others sounds like they tolerate colder water. bloodrun i have no doubt you make a great product it would be even better in only my opinion if not for the drawbacks mentionend

• 2 weeks later...

Well the spiney fleas are at Charlevoix too. But they are different than the ones at Frankfort. They come off the line with a good shake or slap on tg e water.