We fished the Walleye for warriors today had 4 World War 2 Vets on board all 90...

We fished the Walleye for warriors today had 4 World War 2 Vets on board all 90 & 91 years old. We managed to pull a 8 person limit (40 fish) including me, wolf a camera man to make up for the limit.

GLF_ProStaff.png

We fished the Walleye for warriors today had 4 World War 2 Vets on board all 90 & 91 years old. We managed to pull a 8 person limit (40 fish) including me, wolf a camera man to make up for the limit.

GLF_ProStaff.png

Awesome job guys. I had 2 Nam vets on board. One a Navy weapons radar controller and one an Army artillery man. This was the navy man's first veterans event of any kind. He was one of those guys that felt like hiding I was the best action. Those stories you hear about how those guys were treated coming back were true. he shared how they were coming back to San Diego harbor and people were dumping trash on them from a bridge and had baby killer banners flying.

Yesterday he was welcomed back with hundreds of flags and arms waving at him, music playing, and his family along the shore cheering him on. To see him choked up trying to hold back the tears was a sense of pride I will carry with me for some time to come. He came to me before he left and said "I am so glad I did this. I really can't tell you how much this has meant to me"

Where did you guys find your fish? We worked the sailboat bouy area starting off with hardware and changing over to meat. We were marking fish but could not get them to go consistently. After a 30 minute dry spell we finally picked up and took our beating out the the plug and took 4 keepers and 5 or 6 shorts and lost a few in a little under an hour. Ended the day with 4 in the 18-20 range and 3 16's. Wish we could have gotten out there earlier but I didn't want to bang the crap out of my guys off the get go

GJ, Dick and Tom. I wish we would have met up and talked afterwards. :)

I had a 92 yo blind WW2 vet, and a 82 yo Korean war vet, onboard. They managed to get one short of their limit and a quite a few just under. It was a very good well run event. Larry M, Rat City Hooker, helped me show these vets a great time. The seas were a little tough with my aluminum boat.

Please keep Elmer G, the 92yo WW2 vet, in your prayers. He is having heart valve surgery on the 25th. Elmer was Priority1 yesterday.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this event.:)