Saginaw Bay Perch

Took the opportunity Saturday to hit the bay in search of perch! Buddy Brent and FishingMachine2 hopped on the Husky Jerk for an adventure. Despite a mediocre wind/weather report we headed out to perch waters. We anchored down on a waypoint that has been producing some tasty perch. Didn't take long and we were into some action, WHITE BASS ACTION!....Mixed in with the white bass was some sheep, some maybe legal walleye and perch. With the unstable weather the bite was tough. We fished all day and kept about 40 perch. Some nice perch in the mix, along with some dinks that buried the hook and had no chance for survival, so they went into the cooler too. FM2 really had the hot hand for sheepshead :thumb:, he was showing us how it is done! Very fun day with some good people, don't get much better than that....:thumb:

Some of the smaller perch were inhaling the hooks with little to no chance of survival, they cleaned up just fine along with the larger fish

sagbayperch9-7.jpg

Baked some perch in the oven, rolled in flour, rolled in olive oil, seasoned with paprika and parmesan cheese...and it was fantastic.

bakedperch_homemade_fries.jpg

Scott tied into another sheep! .

fm2battlingasheep.jpg

Battered and the finished product

perchbefore_after9-7.jpg

:thumb:

Can I come over for dinner, lol?

You're more than welcome too, however, I will need to either catch more fresh perch, or you're going to settle for walleye for dinner :grin:

We gobbled it up last night, and I have lunch for 2 days to reheat...

Those perch are my favorite to eat.....:thumb:

Tasty looking morsels...Nice job Jason

Thank you! Went back out this past Saturday on FM2s rig and 3 of us put 100 in the cooler! :thumb: been so busy I didn't post a pic.........I sure do love fishing those perch. When they're biting it is a lot of fun!

One more trip on the books for the last weekend in September & then it's time for boat hibernation :angry: