Holland 8/10

Set lines shallow in 50 fow marking tons of hooks and bait straight out of the channel. I've been seeing these all year and hadn't been able to get them to go. I had been passing them up but I figured today was the day they were going to bite. I figured wrong. Missed half the early bite trolling out to 110 fow. Finished the day 3 for 4. Fished until 11:30 with no bites for last 3 hours. Not such a good day but better than a skunk.

Missed on Agent Orange Moonshine spoon on rigger 65 down.

King on Blue Flounder Pounder 75 down.

King on blue/chrome spindoctor with Jon's Little Wiener fly on dipsey 210 back.

King on 300 copper with blue spatterback plug.

All hits came 110 - 130 fow.

Holland 8/11

Weather wave reports looked so good decided to give it a try again today. Wound up 6 for 6. Fishing was much better but other things not so much.

Trying not to wake my wife, smashed little toe on furniture. Needless to say wife wound up awake. Didn't seem like much at the time but started throbbing after we set lines in 100 fow.

First hit was laker off rigger 75 down with the blue Flounder Pounder again in 130 fow. Trolled back in to 100 fow and took a double on 300 copper with mother of pearl DW plug and DW SS Skinny Blue Jeans on rigger 55 down. Took another hit on that same rigger in 120 fow. All 3 were kings.

Bite seemed to cool off again after 8 AM similar to Saturday, but then took 2 more coho at 10:30 and 11. One off rigger 75 down in 120 fow with blue spatterback DW plug and one off the Skinny Blue Jeans on the rigger 55 down. Would've liked to fish longer with the bite picking up but by then my toe was throbbing so much I decided to call it.

Got everything all packed up and took the fish to the cleaning station. Got the fish all nicely cleaned and went to leave and the car wouldn't start. Creel census takers were nice enough to help jump but still no go. Actually got it to turn over but didn't seem to be getting gas for some reason. Wife wasn't too upset a being roused from her sleep a second time and arrived within minutes of the tow. If I have to go through all that for gorgeous weather and conditions and 6 fish, I'll take it every time.:)