7/29/2013 Saginaw Bay Eyes

I fished with Don B, Don M, and Skip S, for a four man ticket. I burned a lot of fuel today on a recon mission Running three legs of a big triangle. We took fish in both spots we shut down over. 2oz bouncers off the boards and 3 oz bouncers on the down rods with harnesses on all. We pulled tots on the outside boards for a bit but switched to the all meat game. It was tough fishing for the most part until we hit some very active fish. At one point we had 5 on and 3 made it to the box. All colors worked but a A multi colored blade was hot as well as pink and purple. Like always we break traditional rules and the fish could care less. The fish are still not that aggressive. I have never seen a year quite like this one. If you are not on top of your game so many fish will go unnoticed. The bigger keeper fish are fat lazy and lethargic. It's been that way for us most of this season. Anyone else experience this? We also caught about 5 or 6 sub legal eyes, a big catfish, and some sheephead. I gave my 5 fish away.

dsc00425_a.jpg

Nice job Frank. I agree, very lethargic, light biting fish. I can remember only a handful of times the board raced backward or went under like a bobber. Most of the time the tattle flags wouldn't pin back. This was the same no matter the size of fish. Very unusual. Can't wait for next year!

Nice fish Frank.. :thumb: We have noticed that also, Only thing can think of is loads of bait fish this season.. Making for easy meals.. Seems you got to put it in front of there faces, And keep a close eye on your boards for the lite biters and followers that swim along after they bite.. They are healthy fish and have bee Irking up 2-3 inch shiners,, Have been having to clean the box out after each trip,