2007 West Michigan Fishing League Sign Up Thread

boatrs2.gif

Hello Members,

Well its about that time to once again and sign up to be on the West Michigan Fishing League. Now these fun compition events are for members that like to get out and meet some fishermen on this web site and have some fun compition against each other. These are no big money tournaments just fishermen off the web site having a good time fishing with each other. Also all fishermen that do sign up must all give out all info on the marine radio so other fishermen that are having some problems fishing may come in need of helping others that are in the league. I do not want any kind of cell phone talk out there or less of emergency. Remember this is a fun fishing league that I formed so we can meet other fishermen and just have a great time fishing on Lake Michigan. This year I can only have 20 boats in the league because of lack of parking at the weigh in. If you really like to join this fishing league and you are the 21st or more boat than we will have to work something out with another driver so you can ride with them at the weigh in. Now we are having five events held this year and if you cannot make them all that is fine, just let me know when I post up the next fishing event on the site. But what I usally do is keep track of all your scores and the team with the highest score will win a fishing plaque for being the fishing champ of 2007. I sure hope you will give this a try, its a good time fishing with other fishermen in Michigan. Oh ya I also try and get prizes for the year and so far who will help us out is Fishlander and Magna Dyne lure company. (Hope to get more)

Simple Rules For 2007:

1- Must pay entry fee at 4:30am(If you cannot make it and you think that you will be late than please call my cell phone)

2- All fishing events start at 5 am and must pull lines at 11am.

3- Weigh in starts at 12:30(If you get called two times at the weigh in and you are not there. You will be DQed

4- Cost is $15.00 a boat.($5.00 of it gos towards big fish)

5- All boats must only use 6 rods

6- 2-4 Man teams(If you have 4 or more fishermen in your boat as a team you can only catch a 3 MAN LIMIT)

7- Weigh in 5 fish of any kind (salmon, coho, steelheads, browns, and lakers)

8- Each fish you bring in at the weigh in is 10 points each.(Up to 5 fish)

9- Make sure when you weigh your big fish for the big fish prize money that you know what fish is your biggest.(NO CHECKING AT THE SCALES)

10- NO - CULL RULE- If you net the fish or box the fish you must keep the fish. There will be no more throwing back fish or less they are under size. If you limit out on kings you might as well go in, because you are most likley to get kings most of the time anyways. Remember your fish counts as 10 points now and it does not matter what fish you get.

11- All captains that fish any event must sign a waiver form before they fish any event. You only have to sign it one time and it will cover you for all five events.

Dates For All Events 2007:

Sunday May 6th at Port Sheldon(Blow Date: May 20th) weigh in at Gold Coast

Sunday June 24th at Port Sheldon(Blow Date: Will hold a DBLE event on July 14th)weigh in at Gold Coast

Saturday July 14th at Port Sheldon(Blow Date: 15th)weigh in at Gold Coast

Sunday August 12th at Muskegon Fishermans Landing(Blow Date: August 26th)

Sunday September 9th at Muskegon Fishermans Landing(Blow Date: September 16th)

Big Fish Game For 2007:

Each captain must give me only 1 brand new SPIN DOCTOR by Dreamweaver for this event. At the end of the year, the captain with the biggest fish will receive every spin doctor given to me from every captain that is in the league.(Remember only one Spin Doctor for the year)

2006 West Michigan Fishing League Champion (Team Dirty Dog)

2006WestMichiganFishingLeagueChamps.jpg

2005 West Michigan Fishing League Champion(Team Desperado)

fistplace_747075.jpg

2004 West Michigan Champion (Trout Tracker)

Larry.jpg

2007 West Michigan Fishing League Teams:

1-Caznik

2-Sarah C

3-Trout Tracker

I will be fishing these with Dv8oR. He said he needed someone to drive the boat, so I volunteered :D

Oh fine,

Wont fish with me at least one time huh. It was fun to tell you guys fish on when there was nothing there.:lol:

Rich

It was fun to tell you guys fish on when there was nothing there.:lol:

Rich

Remember those words my friend. Saturday the 13th is a short time away!;)

And, maybe, just maybe, if you ask GLF reaaaaal nice. He may just fish the Dreamweaver with ya!!!! :grin:

2007 West Michigan Fishing League Teams

1- Caznik (glf)

2- Sarah C (glf)

3- Trout Tracker (ms)

4- Dv8or (glf)

5- Paulywood (glf)

6- Plumkrazy (glf)

7- 2006 Champ Dirty Dog (glf)

8- Hollandpiper (ms)

9- Catfishhoge (ms)

10- Sixshooter (ms)

11- severus (ms)

12- Satisfaction_ gauraneed (glf)

I'm just curious/thinking out loud but whats with the

(GLF) and (MS) .....

Are we beefing this up for a GLF VS MS kind of a thing?

Maybe another double in a month like August.....

T

It just lets me know where I can PM them this year just in case. Its no vs. who thing.

Rich

hey rich i noticed that the blow date for june said that it would be a dbl. event in july, what is a dbl event 2 touneys in the same day ,or a point carry from may

I will explain it when you come over next Saturday. I did this alot instead of blow dates my first year at this.

Rich

2007 West Michigan Fishing League

1- Caznik (glf)

2- Sarah C (glf)

3- Trout Tracker (ms)

4- Dv8or (glf)

5- Paulywood (glf)

6- Plumkrazy (glf)

8- Hollandpiper (ms)

9- Catfishhoge (ms)

10- Sixshooter (ms)

11- severus (ms)

12- Satisfaction_ gauraneed (glf)

13- Hunt4ever (ms)

Hey everyone,

Every year I try to make this more better for everyone that want to do this every year. So to make it better I asked for some help this year and if everything gos right, there will be some great prizes. But as of right now we do not have much to give away. Its just getting really hard doing this on my own now. We have two ways that we are going to give away prizes but we will know more before the first event. But any lures donated this year, I will give them away like I did the very first year that i started it like. So I really need picture to give to all companies that donate.

Sponsors so far:

Magna Dyne

Fishlander

thefishdog

My help for this year:

1- GLF---Mike

2- Hunt4ever---Brian

These guys are helping me out with donations this year and with all events.

Trout Tracker---Larry

With the computer at the weigh in.

2007 West Michigan Fishing League

1- Caznik (glf)

2- Sarah C (glf)

3- Trout Tracker (ms)

4- Dv8or (glf)

5- Paulywood (glf)

6- Plumkrazy (glf)

8- Hollandpiper (ms)

9- Catfishhoge (ms)