Fly Storage Options

That's the same thing I store crawler harnesses on. It works fantastic. :thumb: I would assume that fly storage on a noodle would be just as effective.

I start with the tag end, wrap it around the noodle, and then burry one barb into the noodle. As I'm wrapping the line around the noodle I overlap so the line doesn't come loose. I have used toothpicks in the past to secure the tag end to the noodle

Jason I have tried to tell a couple friends the same way and they argue with me !! I like doing the same way you store them!! They like putting the hooks in first and try to tuck the tag end underneath the wrapped line what comes loose !!

• 4 weeks later...
I leave all of my flies tied to the attractor they go with. I make flasher files to store the combos. I use Big Weenie flies so the spares stay in the bags and get stored in a Plano box.

So do you just wrap the leader around the flasher?

I bought the dreamweaver Plano box that has tubes with caps for both ends. It's really nice for seeing all the flies and keeping them organized but its time consuming to put them into the tubes. I think I'm going to try attaching the flies to the paddles and wrapping them an then keeping spare flies in the tubes. I like the pool noodle idea, but I have a small boat and the tube box is space friendly.

I leave all of my flies tied to the attractor they go with. I make flasher files to store the combos.

Same here. Just wrap the leader loosely so it doesn't kink.

Another way to do it is cut a small swim noodle in 2" long or so pieces, cut one side to make a C, put that over your flasher and wrap the leader around it and stick the hook in it. Lets you just throw flasher/fly combos in a container with minimal tangles when you pull one out.

Another way to do it is cut a small swim noodle in 2" long or so pieces, cut one side to make a C, put that over your flasher and wrap the leader around it and stick the hook in it. Lets you just throw flasher/fly combos in a container with minimal tangles when you pull one out.

Gonna have to try that sounds like a good idea.

Same here. Just wrap the leader loosely so it doesn't kink.

Hybrid ideas... Big fan of this.