gun lake

what a nice day to be out on the water even if it isnt big lake trolling

well this is who it went i got up around 8:00 and was board out of my mind by 8:30 and started thinking the gills and specks must be in the wintering areas ,and with nothing ealse to do i hooked up the old 15ft sea nymph and headed out ,becouse if nothing eles it was a nice day to go for a boat ride{only time i can remember rideing at 35 mph across the lake on the day before new years eve in my shirt sleeves} i started fishing around 1:oo and quit around 4:30 with my limet of 25 {a mix of specks 9 to 13 in. and gill in the 8 to 9 in. range} and a 17 in. walley the fish where in 8 to 10 feet of water and the temp. was 39.7 ps all the fish came on smalll minnows and ice jigs 4 ft under a bobber

looks like a new years eve fish fry for my:grin:

I too was on gun around 4.30 with my 9yr old son. We were scouting the local waterfoul population for sunday morning and took a couple of light fishing rods with us. Found a nice little school of perch in around 4' of water. Ended up with 8 perch and 6 gills. Sunday morning eneded up with a limit of Mallards and 1 goose. Monday morning ended up with a limit of mallards and one buffle head. Not a bad weekend to be fishing or hunting. Got a pic of my boy with a couple of mallards with good color. Have not taken off of the camera yet. Will get them posted soon.